Adsl2+ slow speed

SOLVED Go to solution
landonkoo0207
Level 3

Hi,
I’m experiencing very slow connection since this afternoon.

It’s around 1.5mbps for download, which is 1/10 of the normal speed.

Could you please check if there’s a possible line issue?

Cheers,
Landon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
landonkoo0207
Level 3

Thanks for the response. 

Everything went back to normal now, but I have a couple of comments to leave. 

Firstly, the Telstra technician visit was supposed to require my attendance, but it wasn't required. I knew he was here and sorted out the problem and left just because he made noises while doing the work and left. I waited all morning for him to visit my apartment, but he didn't. For the next time, please make sure whether a technician absolutely needs my attendance so that I don't have to wait for all morning expecting the visit.

Secondly, this is the more serious issue here. I am not sure whether it's the same technician or not, but he left the MDF box's cover open after finishing his work. It's been raining all day since yesterday, so I had to tape it up myself to prevent a further damage to the phone lines. I have mentioned similar issues in the past. Every time a technican - either it's from TPG or Telstra - does something wrong with the MDF box. If I wasn't home and spotted the MDF cover left open, the water would've got into the phone lines all over, and everything in there could've corroded. 

Please make sure - either it's TPG or Telstra - a technician to do a proper finishing up with the MDF. If the cover cannot be closed up due to the damages it has, please make sure at least notify the customer so that I can take required actions accordingly.

Regards,

Landon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Good day @landonkoo0207,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate the account using your community details and have run some remote test. We've detected a possible fault on the line which caused the issue.

We've escalated the case to our Engineering team for further investigation and they'll be in touch within 24 to 48 hours for an update. They will contact you on the number which we have on file, but if you have a new number, then please shoot me a private message with the details and I'll update them.

Kind regards,

landonkoo0207
Level 3

Hi,

As suggested in the previous technician visit, the internal wiring issue has been sorted out (I called out an electrician for the issue), and it seems that the speed and everything work fine now. 

I've been just wondering, the planned TPG technician visit for tomrrow is still necessary. Could you check at your end (running the remote test and other things) to find out the tomorrow's tech visit is still necessary? If it's not absolutely necessary, it wouldn't be ideal that a technican gets here for nothing to sort out.

Would you mind checking it again when you can? Thanks.

Cheers,

Landon

BasilDV

Good day @landonkoo0207,

Thank you for getting back to us. It seems that the speed is back to normal, however, as I've run another remote test, I can still detect a fault on the line which may cause an issue with the service.

With this being said, the Telstra technician visit is still needed to make sure that the problem will not reoccur.

Thank you for your patience.

BasilDV

landonkoo0207
Level 3

Thanks for the response. 

Everything went back to normal now, but I have a couple of comments to leave. 

Firstly, the Telstra technician visit was supposed to require my attendance, but it wasn't required. I knew he was here and sorted out the problem and left just because he made noises while doing the work and left. I waited all morning for him to visit my apartment, but he didn't. For the next time, please make sure whether a technician absolutely needs my attendance so that I don't have to wait for all morning expecting the visit.

Secondly, this is the more serious issue here. I am not sure whether it's the same technician or not, but he left the MDF box's cover open after finishing his work. It's been raining all day since yesterday, so I had to tape it up myself to prevent a further damage to the phone lines. I have mentioned similar issues in the past. Every time a technican - either it's from TPG or Telstra - does something wrong with the MDF box. If I wasn't home and spotted the MDF cover left open, the water would've got into the phone lines all over, and everything in there could've corroded. 

Please make sure - either it's TPG or Telstra - a technician to do a proper finishing up with the MDF. If the cover cannot be closed up due to the damages it has, please make sure at least notify the customer so that I can take required actions accordingly.

Regards,

Landon

BasilDV

Good day @landonkoo0207.

Thank you for the update. Please be assured that we take a genuine interest in all customer feedback, often implementing solutions to issues raised by customers.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Have a great day!

BasilDV