TPG Community

Get online support

Archer C9 settings

SOLVED Go to solution
vantheman
Level 2

I have recently had the NBN connected via HFC. I live in a double brick, double story house and the Arris modem has been installed on the ground floor in one corner of the house. The TPG supplied modem/router is struggling to get a wifi signal to all corners of the house. I have borrowed a TP Link Archer C9 router which has improved wifi but is dropping out every 2 to 3 minutes for 20 seconds. The IPTV settings all appear OK and the VLAN I/D is set at 2. I have enabled ipv6 and wonder if this could be the issue? Any thoughts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vantheman
Level 2

I reset the Archer C9 router and did a firmware upgrade and it is now rock solid. I have mounted it about 2 metres up a wall on the ground floor. This is giving me good reception on both floors and to all corners. I have 13 WiFi connected devices in the house (how did that happen?) and all are working fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @vantheman,

Welcome to the community!

We are able to locate your account using your community details and ran an initial test, it shows your service is connected for 1d 22h 5m with a passing speed on the line.

We did an article that will help you improve your wireless connection available here.

Let us know how it will go. Cheers!

vantheman
Level 2

I reset the Archer C9 router and did a firmware upgrade and it is now rock solid. I have mounted it about 2 metres up a wall on the ground floor. This is giving me good reception on both floors and to all corners. I have 13 WiFi connected devices in the house (how did that happen?) and all are working fine.

Shane

Wow! That's wonderful. We are glad to know that the reset and the firmware upgrade of your router did the trick. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!