TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v NBN Modem Router

SOLVED Go to solution
nguyenvq
Level 3

My friend give me his TPG Archer VR1600v NBN Modem Router as he no longer need it.

I want to know can i use that Modem router for my NBN (FTTC) when my area NBN ready.

Currently I am use it for ADSL.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Yes, @nguyenvq. Should there be any issues, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Riezl

Hi @nguyenvq,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details. It appears that your address is planned to be serviced with NBN Fibre to the Curb (NBN FTTC).

Are you aware what type of NBN service this modem was previously used? If not, please provide us the MAC Address and Serial Number of the modem so we can look into this further.

We'd like to check if this modem is configured to work for NBN FTTC service. Thank you.

nguyenvq
Level 3

Hi @Riezl 

I think this router was use in NBN FTTB.

The Mac address is 7C-8B-CA-FB-D2-2A

Serial is 3181077001027

Model: Archer VR1600v

Will

Hi @nguyenvq,

We use TP-Link VR1600v as well for FTTC customers, so yes, that modem should work. That being said, when you upgrade from ADSL to NBN service, you will be provided a free modem for you to use, albeit you have to pay for the $10 shipping fee.

Regards,

nguyenvq
Level 3
Hi

Can you send me the router configuration for FTTC please.
Thank you
Riezl

Hi @nguyenvq, this article can help you configure the modem.

How to set up your TP-Link VR1600v modem >Manually configuring modem (If required) > For NBN FTTN & NBN FTTB

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

nguyenvq
Level 3

Hi @Riezl 

Thank you for the information and that information is for FTTN and FTTB.

But my NBN technology is FTTC, can i use the same method but on the Ewan port?

Thank you

Riezl

Yes, @nguyenvq. Should there be any issues, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

dewankharel
Level 2

Dear Sir
I m using this router!! But nbn fttc bliping all light but anther router no internet sign!!!
Ho to install I read tutorial and follow instructions but net success!!!
Please help me!!! Many time I try to communicate us but unsesse!!!!

Username :xxxxxx