TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v hanging

Scotty
Level 2

Hi All,

I've been finding lately my Archer VR1600v keeps hanging with only the Phone light lit, however there is no dial tone and any devices connected to the wired LAN ports can no longer access the internet.

I cannot connect to the modem via a browser it simply times out.

The NBN NCD has all FTTC lights lit and LAN light is blinking normally.

When I check the modem log after a power cycle there's nothing available before the restart.

There are no reported or planned NBN outages affecting my area.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

TIA

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @Scotty

I've ran a remote test and your modem appeared to be connected for almost a day now. Your modem also has the latest firmware. 

Have you perhaps tried performing a reset on the modem? 

-Ahra_G

Scotty
Level 2
Hello Ahra

Yes the modem appears to remain connected to the internet as the LAN light on the NCD continues to blink but the modem does not respond to internal connections.

I have powered the modem off and on it not done a full reset.
Ahra_G

Thanks for confirming, @Scotty

Please perform a reset and let us know how it goes. 

We may need to monitor it afterwards to see if there's any change on the connection. 

-Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi Scotty, 

I've ran a quick test and your modem showed connected for more than 2 days now which is a good indication of a stable connection. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

-Ahra_G

Scotty
Level 2
The issue recurred again so I’ve now reset to factory settings and set back up again. I’ll let you know if I get the issue again.
Thanks