Archer VR600

vanlintchris
Level 2

Hi can anyone tell me how to configure the TP-Link Archer VR600 modem / router to the NBN HFC.  My isp is of course TPG.  I have the Huawei HG 659 at present, but I am not happy with it.  It does not allow port forwarding and the WiFI keeps on dropping out

14 REPLIES 14
BasilDV

Good day @vanlintchris.

Welcome to TPG Community!

Here is the link on how to configure your TP-Link archer VR600.

Let us know should you require any assistance.

Kind regards,

seager
Level 2

May I also ask if this modem will work for FTTC NBN TPG Plans if I do not want to use VOIP?

Shane

Hi @seager,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, you can also use it for NBN FTTC.

If you wish to know more details about NBN FTTC equipment and setup guide you can visit this link.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

seager
Level 2

Thanks for that. We are only due to get NBN by September 2018 and my current modem is failing. Is there a way I can have a VR1600v delivered now?

I also need to know if it will deliver a strong enough signal to the granny flat in my backyard which is 8 metres away from where the modem is in the main house.

Shane

Hi @seager,

The modem TP-Link Archer VR1600v modem/router is pre-configured for NBN service. If you're having difficulties with your Wi-Fi / Wireless connection. I would love to help and check your service and fix it.

Kindly, PM me your best account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account).

In case you will need a reference.How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @seager,

Thanks for sending me your details. I will check and run a test on your connection and get back to you shortly.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @seager,

Initial tests result shown that there is no connection on your modem to our Network.

I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

I'd like to know your best contact time today.

In case you have different preferred contact number feel free to PM me the details.

Cheers!

vanlintchris
Level 2

The VR1600v is COMPLETELY different from the VR600 and whilst these instructions work fine on the VR1600v, they are irrelevant to conmfiguring the VR600

vanlintchris
Level 2

It took me three days to get the VR600 to work with the TPG HFC NBN.  It does involve flashing the VR600 hardware to the latest version.  I believe that TP- Link have modified their instructions on how to configure the VR600 and I would suggest you contact them for the latest set of instructions.