TPG Community

Get online support

Are there issues with my local node again?

treffo
Level 4
Hi guys, looks like it's that time again where the internet keeps dropping. Have tried 2 modems, same problem. The last few times were issues with the node and hoping it's a simple fix again.
Thanks
J
9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @treffo 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've tested the line and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

We noticed some dropouts yesterday, but it is now showing a stable connection.

Please observe your service and don't hesitate to contact us or call our Tech team on 13 14 23 Option 2 + 2 for real time support.

Regards,

BasilDV

treffo
Level 4
It's gone really bad. Swapped modems, still going
Will

Hi @treffo

Thanks for getting back to us. There's no reported maintenance or outage that will affect your service. I did run tests and we've indeed detected dropouts from your modem. However, the NBN diagnostics also show that your current modem is an unregistered device (brand/model not yet declared as compatible by NBNCo). Can you reconnect the TPG-supplied modem so we can test if there would be any changes to the results we're currently getting? We'll be making some adjustments as well on our end.

Regards,

treffo
Level 4
Reconnected tpg modem. Connection up still looking bad?
Will

Thanks for reconnecting the TPG-supplied modem, @treffo.

It seems that as soon as you reconnected it, the test result is now showing stable on our end. Nonetheless, we still need to monitor it further to see if it will change. I'll keep an eye on your connection to see if there would be any changes on the status tonight for us to determine if we can escalate the case further. If there are no changes, we'll continue to monitor the connection for the next 24 hours.

treffo
Level 4
It started again

It has been a while since I have seen sync speeds that bad
Will

Hi @treffo,

Thanks for alerting me. I ran the test and it's back to the Unstable status on my end. I have escalated this to our Engineering Team for further investigation. You will be provided an update within 24 hours via SMS or phone call by one of our Engineers. Feel free to leave a comment if you have other concerns or queries.

Regards,

treffo
Level 4
Things were great all weekend and now I have been dropped from work skype meeting due to disconnections twice Smiley Sad
JovemarL

@treffo 

Our Engineering Team were trying to contact you to verify if you still get any disconnections.