TPG Community

Get online support

Broadband Stability

daleclarkeau
Level 2

For the past few weeks or so we are getting a large number of drop outs in our area. NBN disconnects and takes several minutes to reconnect only to disconnect again a few minutes later.

May then start working ok for a few hours then intermittent drop outs. This is occurring at varying times of the day and night. I held of asking about it initially as there was a planned maintenance occurring on the 4th of November. But as this has now occurred and the stability has not improved I am asking for this to be investigated as it can be extremely frustrating.

regards

Dale Clarke

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @daleclarkeau

There are different types of speed issues that you may experience:

1. Speed issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Speed issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed issues caused by ongoing outage in your area.

Using your Community details, I've managed to have found your account and raised the issue to our Engineering Team for further investgation. Please ensure to leave your modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

daleclarkeau
Level 2

as per my original post

this is not a speed issue this is a constant intermittent disconnection problem

your help line called me but i wasnt able to get to the phone quick enough and i have sent them 3 messages to say when to call and have had no reply.

when i call your help line i get waiting times betweeen 20 and 40 minutes.

this morning the phone line would not reconnect it appears to be back now but i do not know for how long. this is unacceptable and i am considering switching providers

Ahra_G

Hi @daleclarkeau, NBN FTTN speeds and stability are affected due to the infrastructure limitation of the legacy copper network. 

Recent update indicated that a technician has already attended to the said fault. I'll have the assigned Engineer to contact you to provide more detailed information about the job today. 

-Ahra_G