TPG Community

Get online support

Can I forward ALL emails that enter my TPG postoffice account to my new GMAIL account?

ben_vk
Level 2

Hi, 

As the title says, I am trying to migrate my emails from my current TPG post office account, to a new GMAIL account, but I am unable to work out how to automatically forward ALL emails that hit my post office account, to my GMAIL account?

I have been able to find the settings to setup a rules, but I cannot work out how to make them applicable to ALL emails.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I am trying to move away from my TPG email account.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
BasilDV

Hi @ben_vk 

Welcome to TPG Community!

Currently, there's no option to forward your emails automatically to your new Gmail account.

You may do it manually by choosing the option 'Select All' then click on 'Forward'. It will select all of the available email on the page.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

phillharrys
Level 2

Hi @ben_vk 

Whilst you can't forward... you can setup Gmail (web Browser) to retrieve email automaticlly for you from the TPG account. 

From the Gmail account in Web Browser: 

1. Select the little 'gear' icon on the right hand side 

2. Select settings 

3. Select accounts and Import across the top 

4. Select "Check Emails from other accounts" 

5. Configure with your TPG username and password 

6. It should default all other settings for you 

7. Save and all your TPG emails will be automatically delivered to your GMail Inbox 

Cheers 

Phill.  

shaneblitz
Level 2

Seriously ?  TPG set up my mailbox without notifying me or without authorisation from me.  now they're sending emails there instead of my registered email that i gave them when i set up the account.  so far the only good experience I've had with tpg was the porting of my number, the rest has been a nightmare!

Ahra_G

Hi @shaneblitz,

Apologies for the poor experience. 

As explained, the TPG email address is provided and created for free as this will serve as your log in to your online TPG account (My Account- https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount) This account is useful in managing your account, checking your invoices as well as modifying your current plan. The TPG email will remain active so long as your TPG service is active. 

We have your yahoo mail as the main contact email address. You may log in to your TPG online account to check this. 

All TPG email correspondence goes to both email addresses; only difference is that after 90 days, all the emails received on the TPG email address will be deleted from our server. 

If you are unable to find emails from us, kindly check either your spam or junk folder. 

-Ahra_G

beckboaz
Level 2

I am about to leave TPG to Optus (got my reasins, please dont ask). I use two main email adresses with TPG (xxxx@tpg.com.au) on my iMac via the Mail app.

How do I ensure that I dont lose any email until I notify all my contact of my new email address?

BasilDV

Hi @beckboaz

Once the account status is set to Inactive or cancelled, you have 30 days to notify all of your contacts with your new email address.

BasilDV

beckboaz
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @beckboaz

Once the account status is set to Inactive or cancelled, you have 30 days to notify all of your contacts with your new email address.

BasilDV

Do I have access to emails sent to my tpg adresses during the 30 days?

Rica_R

Hi @beckboaz,

Apologies for the confusion, once the account has been inactive and your wish to retrieve your emails. We can request to forward your  old emails to your new nominated to email address so you have a copy of the previous files. 

Account is unaccessible on your end as the account is already inactive. 

beckboaz
Level 2

@Rica_R wrote:

Hi @beckboaz,

Apologies for the confusion, once the account has been inactive and you wish to retrieve your emails. We can request to forward your old emails to your new nominated email address so you have a copy of the previous files. 

Account is unaccessible on your end as the account is already inactive. 

How do I request to do that exactly that?