TPG Community

Get online support

Can someone at TPG do some tests on my NBN HFC Connection

skozzy
Level 4

When I first got NBN via the HFC network it was faultless and for a very long time I had zero complaints, I could stay online with the same IP for weeks or months. But over the past few months I am regularly be disconnected for a short time, and each time that happens I get a new IP address.

I volunteer my time as a Game Admin for my favourite game and with a number of programs I have to use each requires 2 factor Auth each time my IP changes, at present I can be relogging in on a website or program and using my phone to do this 2 factor Auth more then 20x a day, it is wasting my time.

So I am asking for TPG Techs to find out where the problem is, could it my my connection, could it be the TPG supplied modem or the NBN box. Most devices in my house are on LAN cables and the rest on Wifi, all these devices lose access to the internet so less inclined to think it's anything after the modem at least.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @skozzy,

For the residential TPG NBN service, the IP address is set to Dynamic and we don't have any control on when will it change. You may consider getting an NBN small business plan if you require a Static IP address.

Your service shows a stable connection with no issues within the network.

Are your device connected directly to the TPG supplied modem/router or you are using a third party device? When you lose the internet connection, did you notice the light status of the modem/router or the NBN NTD box?

BasilDV

skozzy
Level 4

I am using the default supplied hardware supplied by TPG, NBN box and a Wifi Modem Router. If my NBN connection is stable then could it be the supplied modem you guys issue. And is it normal for it to be hot to the touch (not warm.. hot).

As for NBN Small Buisness what do I need to do to change over to it. Fixed IP is exactly what I need if I am to keep my sanity.

BasilDV

Hi @skozzy

We can't say that the issue is with the modem as of the moment.

How's the ventilation in the location of the modem?

If you are interested in upgrading to the NBN small business plan, then send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted or call them on 1300 365 313 (option 2) for further discussion.

BasilDV

skozzy
Level 4

I have sent you a private message.

My internet dropped out again, modem was hot, NBN box was 4 solid green lights.

Thanks

skozzy
Level 4

My wife and moved some cables around and have put the modem in a new location, the lan cable from the nbn box isn't all that long so I have swapped over the one going to the TV which was much longer. Modem is now on top of a display cabinet with nothing around it. Will see how that goes now.