TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot access some websites after power outage

SOLVED Go to solution
KevinCanberra
Level 2
After a short power outage on Saturday, many websites now get DNS errors. These are common sites like dendy.com.au that always worked before. Why is this happening?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KevinCanberra
Level 2
I managed to fix this problem by turning off my modem and leaving it off for more than 30 minutes.

I read on another site rhat after a power outage, something happens to my assigned IP address that restricts my access to some dns addresses. I found that I could access all websites if I entered the full ip address but if I entered the url only about 50% of websites could be accessed.

This problem affected all devices such as lap tops, mobile phones or my pc attached to the modem via wifi.

Full shut down and restart of the modem and all attached devices for 5 or 10 minutes did not fix the problem.

Only shutting down the modem and leaving it off for 30 minutes worked.

Working fine now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @KevinCanberra ,

Thanks for raising this to us, are you still having the same issue? Please post the error message on this thread for additional reference.

Also, we did an article that you may find helpful please see the link below. 

Troubleshooting Browsing Issues on Specific Webpages 

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

@KevinCanberra wrote:
After a short power outage on Saturday, many websites now get DNS errors. These are common sites like dendy.com.au that always worked before. Why is this happening?

KevinCanberra
Level 2
I managed to fix this problem by turning off my modem and leaving it off for more than 30 minutes.

I read on another site rhat after a power outage, something happens to my assigned IP address that restricts my access to some dns addresses. I found that I could access all websites if I entered the full ip address but if I entered the url only about 50% of websites could be accessed.

This problem affected all devices such as lap tops, mobile phones or my pc attached to the modem via wifi.

Full shut down and restart of the modem and all attached devices for 5 or 10 minutes did not fix the problem.

Only shutting down the modem and leaving it off for 30 minutes worked.

Working fine now.
BasilDV

Thank you for the update @KevinCanberra

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV