TPG Community

Get online support

Changing internet service to TPG service. When do I get full speed?

SOLVED Go to solution
brianjung541
Level 2
Hello I just moved internet service from Telstra to TPG for my existing nbn service. As nbn100 which TPG can provide is cheaper than Telstra nbn 50M plan. As my nbn is still there, there seems to be seamless handover but internet modem still awaiting delivery.
So I was assuming that speed needs to be changed from 50M to 90M as per new TPG nbn plan. However, my internet test result says it still stays same to previous speed tier when I was with Telstra.

1. Is that gonna be upgraded once TPG modem installed? or Its something I need to worry about now?

Thank you for reading this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @brianjung541

By the sound of it, looks like you're still connected to Telstra. 

We send email notification once your service is activated on our end and that you should be on the plan you've signed up for. 

Can we please have your TPG account details via PM so we can check  the status of your order? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @brianjung541

By the sound of it, looks like you're still connected to Telstra. 

We send email notification once your service is activated on our end and that you should be on the plan you've signed up for. 

Can we please have your TPG account details via PM so we can check  the status of your order? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

brianjung541
Level 2

Hello, 

Now I am getting full speed after installing the modem and changing to different Uni port.

omg...wow TPG internet speed is really amazing. Actually I am getting 105M download speed.

Way much better than Telstra's. and Cheaper!! 

Thanks guys.

BasilDV

Glad that your service is working well @brianjung541.

Cheers!

BasilDV