TPG Community

Get online support

Chariot internet decommissioning... implications?

SuzyM
Level 2

My Dad has used a Chariot email address for years; this is also used to log in to his account. Logging into the TPG myAccount with that email and password to access his Account Tools now gets redirected to a Chariot page ("Redirecting to Internet Accounting System), then a 520 error. He has tried contacting the Chariot phone number, but they can't help. Does he have to sign up for a new TPG account? (His bank account is direct-debited by TPG for the Internet connection. He is elderly and is confused as how to proceed.)

BasilDV

Hi @SuzyM

Let me check on what can we do for you.

Shoot me a PM with the username or the email account of your Father.

BasilDV

ChariotRider
Level 3

Did this ever get sorted out Jenny?

Regards

ChariotRider

Jeff1949
Level 4

Sorry Tom.
But you like me are been screwed by TPG..
My email address of 30 years is akso about to be let die by TPG.
Don't let TPG try to convince you that they don't have the technical ability to keep your old email address working. A call to Jim's IT would probably help them sort out that issue in a very short time.

Like you, I have countless contacts that I have only a few weeks to advise of death of my old email address and the creation of a new one with a more understanding and honest provider.

nickelalpha
Level 2

I wonder how many of us have alphalink emails - i've had mine since 1998.

I'm saddened to know it will disappear soon. 

JBMarigold
Level 3

No - not adequately ChariotRider.

I spent a long frantic weekend sorting a new icloud address, emailing contacts and updating essential website logins before the server was due to die on the Monday. (Many sites required me to verify a change to an address via an email that went to the Alphalink address so the pressure was on.)

I am on hundreds of junk mailing lists after 30 years - and curiously they have continued to arrive at the Alphalink address well beyond the advertised death date. Up to 22,000 now... So I will be rather annoyed if I find out that TPG has somehow saved it's Alphalink clientele.

Otherwise, it's going to be the best Unsubscribe' ever!

Shane

Hi @JBMarigold,

We chased this with our Complaints Resolution Team expect them to contact you for the update within 24-48hrs.

Regards,

No - not adequately ChariotRider.

I spent a long frantic weekend sorting a new icloud address, emailing contacts and updating essential website logins before the server was due to die on the Monday. (Many sites required me to verify a change to an address via an email that went to the Alphalink address so the pressure was on.)

I am on hundreds of junk mailing lists after 30 years - and curiously they have continued to arrive at the Alphalink address well beyond the advertised death date. Up to 22,000 now... So I will be rather annoyed if I find out that TPG has somehow saved it's Alphalink clientele.

Otherwise, it's going to be the best Unsubscribe' ever!