Complaint

SOLVED Go to solution
mhkdilrukshi
Level 2

On 7th March 2021,  I have contacted the moving team as I am planning to move out to a new place and asked to do the needful to transfer my existing tpg NBN internet connection. After checking everything customer service agent informed me that tpg is not providing the service for my new rented apartment. Then she transferred me to a Account Officer to discus about the termination of contact. After obtaining necessary details he informed me that I have to pay AUD 300.00 as early termination fee.

I have entered with this current contract as that was the most suitable NBN plan available for me at that time and also up to now I have completed one year with tpg (my previous contract + current contract). As I have received a good service I am willing to continue the service with your esteemed organization but unfortunately you are unable provide me the service. So, I am not early terminating the contract but situation had compelled to do so due to unavailability of service which is from your end. I am wondering why should I have to pay AUD 300.00 as the situation is beyond my control.
I have paid my bills on time and honoured the all conditions in contract from my end according to the contract what I understood is if I am terminating the contract even though you could provide the service, I have to pay early termination fee which I totally agree with. But this situation is not mentioned in the contract and when I am entering with the existing contract I have asked about this and I was informed at that time that your esteemed organization is able to provide the service for many locations as a reputed service provider. As an International student, I was not much aware about the availability of services and areas at that time and totally relied with the information given to me by the sales person at that time.

Due change of many circumstances I have to move to the city and paying this much of money for no reason is a challenge to me as an International student. Now I have to pay for a new service provider and to you as well and situation makes me more stressed and unable to concentrate on my studies as well. What I feel in this moment is that I have trapped in this contract unknowingly and international students are misguiding by your company.

Further, it seems that you have taken every step to protect only your side and not the customer as you have not included this kind of a scenario in the contract and when situation of this nature arises you all are simply pass it to the customer and victimize the customer which is totally unfair as well as unethical; indeed when it comes to international students. I have selected Australia for higher studies of both myself and my daughter since it is one of the best education destination in many ways but this situation compelled me to have second thought on that.

I have sent email complaint on 7th March 2021 and till todate I did not received any reply from TPG. It is  really sad to see how this service provider act during a problamatic situation and trying to get money from customers even though the problem is from their end.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mhkdilrukshi
Level 2

Thank you very much for resolving this matter in a profesional way. Special thank goes to Mr. Jerico for understanding the situation from customer point of view.

Thank you once again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @mhkdilrukshi

Thanks for raising this to our attention and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that it is now being assessed by our Complaints resolution team; Customer relations.

We'll case this with them and have a case manager contact you tomorrow to further discuss the case.

BasilDV

mhkdilrukshi
Level 2

Thank you very much for resolving this matter in a profesional way. Special thank goes to Mr. Jerico for understanding the situation from customer point of view.

Thank you once again.