TPG Community

Get online support

Connection Keeps Dropping Out and Reconnecting - New Install

SOLVED Go to solution
markberk1
Level 5

@stevemartin87 

On the contrary, it's a process of elimination and we do seem to be getting there. Just waiting on NBN now and my understanding is they usually get things right, especially when pointed at it by TPG.

We'll see, will update ...

tony6666
Level 2
I too live on Link Rd, Victoria Point and have found that I have dropouts.

Apple TV won’t work with the amount of dropouts.

Some dropouts last as long as 20 minutes.

Tony.
Will

Hi @tony6666

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, we're able to pull up your TPG account to check the status of your connection on our end. I performed diagnostic tests and check the history of your connection on our end and we can say that the connection of your modem to the server is stable. It seems like we're looking at a possible local networking issue.

For us to be able to determine exactly what's affecting your connection, would you be able to provide us the following information:

1. Are all your devices experiencing dropouts?
  2. Do your devices lose the connection at the same time?
  3. Are all devices on WIFI connection?
  4. Have you tested hardwired connection and is it also experiencing the same issue?
  5. Status of the lights on the modem when you lose the connection.
  6. The status of the WIFI icon or Network symbol on your devices when they lose the connection.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

(I see my neighbour has posted. He has the same problem I have with drop outs. Would seem to indicate the main problem is in the line to the house/s.)

Last nights drop outs weren't as many as usual, but still 5 significant at between 2 and 5 minutes long. There were others for up to 30 seconds long.

It's still a lot.

Net Uptime Monitor Failure Log (NetUptimeMonitor.com)
=======================================
4/03/2019 6:06:55 PM    Log Start
---------------------------------------
Failure Start          Length
4/03/2019 6:12:30 PM    0:02:00
4/03/2019 6:59:14 PM    0:02:52
4/03/2019 7:44:04 PM    0:02:50
4/03/2019 9:29:26 PM    0:04:49
4/03/2019 9:48:50 PM    0:02:48

Will

Hi @markberk1

I can see that you're being assisted by our Engineering Team with regards to your concern. In your case, the diagnostic test results are actually showing potential fault on the line which is why our Engineering Team has raised this to NBNCo for investigation.

I ran a new test and I'm still getting a response that your connection is still unstable. I will request for our Engineering Team to contact you regarding the progress of the ticket since the last update that I have is that NBNCo is pushing for a possible premise issue. However, we already sent a TPG technician on March 2 wherein the technician advised that your internal setup doesn't have any issues. We're trying to get NBNCo to look into this further. Please expect our Engineering Team to contact you before 7PM VIC tonight.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

@Will 

Hi Will.

I heard from TPG earlier today but can't hear well enough on the phone to be sure what was said. Maybe your engineering team could SMS me instead of calling? Or they could reply here?

Drop outs continue, but not as bad as before the NBN engineer and TPG engineer (who were very good) both checked the house wiring and fixed and/or found no issue. House wiring is good now and speed is back up to low to mid 40's.

My neighbour @tony6666 has the same issue I have, random drop outs. Maybe his issue is the same as mine, a fault on the line?

Regards ...

Will

Hi @markberk1

Based on the tests I have conducted, at this point, your neighbor's dropout concerns is entirely different from what you're experiencing since we're getting a stable status for @tony6666.

I check the notes of the Engineer you spoke with earlier and she advised that we're contesting the response of NBNCo that it's a premise/modem issue. You were informed that in the event that if NBNCo still insists that it's a premise/modem issue, a different modem has to be tested.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Ok, thanks Will.

markberk1
Level 5

Yesterday a young lady from TPG Engineering rang me with the latest update.

I don't hear too well but I came away with ; NBN dispute there is an issue on the line here, so TPG will send me a new modem and then test the line again to see if that fixs the issue.

I assume if the new modem doesn't fix the issue you will push it back to NBN. Is that right?

FYI. My down speed has been peaking at 32Mbps since yesterday morning. Down from 45Mbps.

Will

Hi @markberk1

That is correct. If the new modem as NBNCo has suggested still doesn't resolve the issue , we will have NBNCo investigate this further.

I can see that the request for replacement was already approved. You will be notified of the consignment number once it's available.

Regards,