TPG Community

Get online support

Connection Keeps Dropping Out and Reconnecting - New Install

SOLVED Go to solution
Will

Hi @markberk1

I can see that the modem has been dispatched via Startrack. An SMS was sent yesterday providing the consignment number for tracking purposes.

Test your connection once you receive the new modem and contact us if your connection is still dropping out.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

Modem arrived this morning and plugged in same as other one but it won't setup properly.

After an hour I hard reset the modem and after another hour it still wasn't connecting to internet.

Got a wifi signal to laptop and five lights on left of modem were on ok but no phone or Lan lights, and no internet connection.

I am on the old modem right now and in a few minutes I'll try the new modem again and get back here.

markberk1
Level 5

Ok, new modem appears to be working now. Will monitor over the weekend and get back.

My Down speed up to 45Mbps after NBN/TPG tech visits but seems to be capped at 32Mbps since Wed morning (6/3), is this speed reduction part of your line/connection testing?

Will

Hi @markberk1

I'm glad to know that the new modem is now working. Let's see how it goes with the stability of your connection.

As for the speed, there's an adjustment that was done previously to help with the stability. However, that affected the speed. I suggest we keep it in the meantime. That way if the dropouts still persists even with a new modem and adjustment in place, we can easily push it to NBNCo for further investigation.

Our Engineering Team is still monitoring your account and I would advise them that you're now using the new modem so they can pay attention to the results.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will

New modem and slowed speed (32Mbps) gave me 12 drop outs of between 2 and 7 minutes over the weekend - that I know of. Had the first drop out today (Monday) while writing this. Back to NBN?

Regarding the modem, since both appear to be working ok does it matter which one I send back to you?

Will

Hi @markberk1

It seems like we may need to get NBNCo look into the case further. Please continue using the new modem so that NBNCo can detect the new modem.

I'll advise our Engineering Team regarding this case.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Thanks @Will 

I heard from TPG Eng, didn't hear too well but got that issue is in NBN's hands again.

Given all else has been eliminated as the cause of drop outs let's hope they find and fix the fault on the line.

markberk1
Level 5

PS ... Yes, I'll leave the new modem on and send the old one back to TPG.

Will

Hi @markberk1

Yes, our Engineering Team has already raised this case back to NBNCo. We're simply waiting for a confirmed appointment at this stage. Once that's available, you will be notified by our Engineering Team via SMS or phone call.

Please keep using the new modem and return the old one.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

My speed was up to 45Mbps yesterday, but down to 32Mbps again today.

What's up with that?