TPG Community

Get online support

Connection frequently dropping out

calledieu
Level 2

Hi,

My NBN connection on all devices (both wireless and wired) has been dropping out frequently (as in every few minutes) for the past few days. I saw that others were having similar issues and to make my own thread - could this please be looked into? I've tried all the troubleshooting steps already.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @calledieu

Thanks for raising this with us.

We checked the account and it shows that the connection from the router is stable for mode than a day now.

When you experience the dropouts, did you notice the changes with the light status of the router or the NBN NTD box when the connection drop outs?

BasilDV

calledieu
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

The router is in a different room and when it drops out it's usually only for a few seconds so it's hard to check the status of the light before the connection restores itself, but it's enough to disrupt my work as well as video calls etc. I can try to check if it ever drops out for longer, but is there potentially anything else I could try first?

david64
Level 15

Hi @calledieu . When the connection is working, login to router and make a note of the WAN ip address. 

When the connection drops and recovers, repeat the above. 

If the address is the same, it's likely that the internet connection did not drop.

Also, check the router's System Log for WAN failures at that time.

calledieu
Level 2

Hi @david64 

Thank you, I'll do that now and keep an eye on it over the next few days and report back what I find. 

Shane

In the event that issue will still persist, update this thread or send us a Private Message with your best contact number and preferred time and we'll have our Technical Team to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Cheers!

Hi @david64 

Thank you, I'll do that now and keep an eye on it over the next few days and report back what I find.