TPG Community

Get online support

Constant Dropouts ADSL2+

Zak
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, my connection for the past few weeks has been constantly dropping out. It will drop out for periods of about 1-5 minutes. Sometimes it's so constant I haven't been able to use my internet for over 30 minutes. We have had a similar problem in the past, and a technician came out and fixed the problem (which is unknown to me). Speeds also have degraded recently. My router is an DSL-2885A with up-to-date firmware. I have attached an image with some DSL info. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @Zak,

Welcome to the Community!

We would like to check what can be done to resolve this issue and we have searched the account using your community details, but was unable to locate one.

Please send us a private message with your customer ID or username so we can check the status of the connection.

We'll wait for your response.

Surbhityagi20
Level 2
Hi,

I am in Schofields (NSW) and been experiencing similar problems for past 2 months. We have already been advised of monitoring by the technical team of TPG (contact centre) and it was decided to replace our Huawei model with a new Huawei model.

The service is dropping off in its own and we have to restart the modem in order for us to get internet services back.

I am into IT and the non availability of internet is causing a loss to my business.

I would like to have immediate action on this.

Thanks
Aman
Erika

Hi @Surbhityagi20

Welcome to the Community! 

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the drop outs you are currently facing with your connection.

I've located your account using your Community details and can see the conversations you had with our Helpdesk team. 

I've also conducted tests on the line and the results does not show a fault on the physical line outside your premises that would affect the stability of your connection. 

I would recommend to have one of our senior technicians give you a call to resolve your issue as your service may be affected by other factors.    

Please let us know your best time and contact number via PM so I can get a technician to call you.

For your reference, please check this link on How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards,

BasilDV

Hi @Surbhityagi20,

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and the case is escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation as they've detected a line fault.

A possible Telstra technician will be requested to help us fix the issue with your TPG service.

Further updates will be given by them.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV