TPG Community

Get online support

Constant NBN Drop Out and multiple modem failures

myteekay1
Level 3

Hi,

I moved to NBN 3 to 4 months ago with TPG and consider it the worst decision made to date. So far I have had to swap 3 modems due to the same technical issues with all - the same supposed problem where the modem fails to maintain the connection. The solution everytime the NBN fails is to power cycle the NBN box - and comes good!

In the last 3 days I have had no service or at best download speed of 0.6Mbs and a quicker upload of 0.9Mbs.   Yesterday I spent 1 hour on hold to TPG support with no answer or indication of when I would be answered. As usual to fix the issue I powered the NBN modem of and on and I'm back up, for an unknown period however, and able to write this message. 

My TPG user name is the same as the one I have used in this community forum.. 

I monitor the connection using a tool called Statuscake which clearly shows (see attached print copy of statius page) endless drops of service everyday. This TPG service is so unacceptable I want to terminate my contract for failure to provide a service and move to a provider who can offer a working product or something with a backup of 3/4G when NBN fails. 

Can someone at TPG please advise what you can do about this.

thanks,

Trevor 

11 REPLIES 11
Ahra_G

Hi @myteekay1

Welcome to TPG Community! 

We're sorry to learn that you're experiencing issues with the connection. I've since ran remote tests and have detected drop outs however there's no evident line fault showing. We will need to perform troubleshooting along with you to determine the underlying cause. 

I have organised a contact to be made from our Technical Team tomorrow, 28 February between 5PM - 6PM VIC. 

Should you have another preferred time, please do let us know so we can inform their team. 

Thanks! 

myteekay1
Level 3

Hi,

I cannot make contact today as I’m away - so can you please book a similar time for Monday 4th Mar.

Thanks,

Trevor 

Riezl

Hi @myteekay1, we'll advise our Technical Team.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

myteekay1
Level 3

Hi, Can I please get someone at TPG to call me again to resolve this problem. I unfortunately couldn't get home in time and take the call today from the technician  - who was very helpful and changed the call time for me  once - which I also couldnt take!

The cause FYI - was me on the phone sorting out my 92 years old mums phone issues with Telstra - over 1hr 45min.

thanks,

Trevor

BasilDV

Hi @myteekay1,

I'll notify our Engineering team to contact you today between 5PM - 6PM for your convenience and to make sure that you are home.

If you have a preferred time, please notify us so we can inform our Engineers.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

myteekay1
Level 3

Hi,

This issue was addressed by TPG and handed to NBN who I was advised would tune the conenction - well nothing has really changed - this was ticket no: #9266437.

Since Friday 8/3/19 when the problem was supposedly resolved I've had 20 drop outs ranging from 5 to 15 minuites each at various times of the day - see attached record of Up\Down time.

thanks,

Trevor

Ahra_G

Sorry to know that you're still having difficulty with the connection, @myteekay1

I have re-escalated the issue now to our Engineering Team so they can conduct further investigation as I have also detected drop outs on the connection. 

They should provide you with an update within the next 24-48hrs. 

Should you require additional assistance or has queries, please feel free to let us know. 

Thank you. 

Ahra_G

Good day, @myteekay1

I realised that our Engineering Team has contacted you to confirm whether the service is already working. Please do let us know the status of the connection on your end so we can inform their team. 

Cheers! 

myteekay1
Level 3

Hi, I got a call today from TPG to say that NBN had tuned the connection and resolved the issue - for the second time ina week!

Apparently not as tonight the internet has failed continually since 6pm.