TPG Community

Get online support

Constant drop outs ADSL2+

semochen
Level 2

Hi, 

We have been experiencing constant drop outs in the past few weeks, around once every 10 minutes or so. 

It happens often when a train passes (train line is about 150m away). When it happens, the light on the modem turns red, signalling an error. 

Can you sugest how we can fix the issue, or have a technician take a look? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @semochen,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to pull up your account using your community details, I ran initial test and shows a possible line causing slow connection and dropouts.

Have you checked if your home phone service is having static noise/connectivity issue as the home phone line with Telstra will also affect your internet service.

Regards,

semochen
Level 2

Hi,

I believe the email I am using is linked to a different account. 

The account name that's having trouble is xxxxxx, in Sunnybank. 

Can you please check again? No telephones are connected at this address. 

Thanks

Thea

Hi @semochen,

Thank you for your time today on the phone. 

As discussed, we'll be calling you back again at 01:00 PM this afternoon to further run additional tests on the ADSL line. 

Thea

Hi @semochen,

We've escalated your concern to our Engineering Team and issue has been raised to Telstra. 

Our team of engineers are currently waiting update from Telstra and will surely get back to you once update is received. 

Thanks!

BasilDV

Hi @semochen,

Just an update.

Our Engineering team was trying to call you, but you were unreachable. They've sent you an SMS with the earliest schedule for a Telstra technician visit. Please respond if you are going to be available by then, since it requires your attendance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV