TPG Community

Get online support

Constant drop-outs

quinny525
Level 3
Would you believe I am in hold again about another drop out.....
quinny525
Level 3

spoken to support desk twice asking for a supervisor to speak to, second person tells my John from the night before did not even log the request for call back from supervisor and then goes on to assure me that it will happen yesterday and also the complaints deptartment will also be requested to call me and here i am with another day holding the phone waiting for a call that never comes.

Also sent private message that has not been replied to

alanguide
Level 7

This might be a good time to remind posters to this thread that there are many things that can cause dropouts that are completely beyond the control of the RSP. For example (1) weather and age related faults on copper joints when FTTN (or even ADSL -- are any ADSL subs left?)) is in use, (2) damage to NBN infrastructure generally by road works or other diggging, (3) lightning induced problems with routers and even NBN NTD boxes (fibre itself is completeyl impervious to weather or lightning), (4) faulty local equipment (could be as simple as Rj45 plugs not fully inserted) or erroneous settings, (5) viruses, (6) for email problems: out of date Outlook security settings. Unfortunately, new readers with any of those problems will read the thread and jump to the conclusion that TPG must be to blame, and so the snowball grows. For myself, I was also having annoying dropouts on FTTN. Completetly resolved with FTTP.  I have also found the mods here very helpful. IMHO, the only way to tackle this is cooly as individual cases have lots of posssible causes.  The obvious problem with the 'it must be them' approach is that all other tests or possibilities are ignored so the true problem is never resolved.

quinny525
Level 3
Nice spool but if you don't get what's is happening keep out of it. Not once have they responded in anyway to complaints about the drop outs. No one calls back ever. No response from complaints dept at all in the the frame set out in their own policy. You cannot deal with nbn direct the ISP is the company we pay and they must address the issue which is not happening.
quinny525
Level 3
And yes I am sitting here on hold with no support desk again whilst reading this and it is a good place for potential customers to see what they may have to deal with for weeks if they join
alanguide
Level 7

@quinny525 wrote:
 You cannot deal with nbn direct the ISP is the company we pay and they must address the issue

Correct about that. Fair point about responses too. My post was intended  to concentrate on possible causes of the original problem.

quinny525
Level 3

I have spoken to a technicain this morning about all the dropouts and he tells me that they dont raise tickets when there is an NBN outage as they just complete them and I should contact NBN again which I have now done, spoke to them and gave them INC numbers and turns out only 1 lodged and blank. Also NBN have no record of outages every single day which I have txt messages every single day from TPG when the outage happens, Still no contact from complaints, moderators private messages or anyone.

Just call support desk again and transferred to technicain and when I start to tell her what she needs to do as advised by NBN, hangs up......

BasilDV

Hi @quinny525 

We understand that the NBN technician has attended the job and repaired a faulty line.

Your case manager will be in touch with you for further discussion.

BasilDV

quinny525
Level 3

Nice try BasilDV to make it look like TPG have done something sending that reply to community instead of private, The technician came and found some wet connectors and changed them and said yep all good now and went on his merry way. 1.50 PM yesterday on time like everyother day internet gone and the best part was at 1.58 one of TPG techo's calls to give me my daily checkup and whilst I was on phone with neighbour checking that they have no internet TPG leave a voice message saying they are monitoring the line and all is working fine and we will call back another time....must not be looking hard when it's done.

I also get a txt at 2.03pm saying the cause has been corrected please monitor your connection and let us know the status, so I reply IT'S OUT AGAIN.

As for the case manager that called and said he will be the go between from now on I have not heard back from him since the first call so if you managed to get a message to him let him know I am waiting

BasilDV

Hi @quinny525 

The service was down after the visit due to an unplanned network outage.

This has been resolved and your service is still being monitored by our Engineers.

Thank you.

BasilDV