TPG Community

Get online support

Constantly forced to pay for modem delivery

Joseph_D

Hi @pjac1997 ,

I'm Joseph, a senior representative with the team. What you are discussing is indeed odd as it is different from what we are expecting.

I'm hoping you can help so we can provide you with a quick resolution since I understand you want to do this online instead of doing this by the phone, though I can definitely make arrangements to assist you if you want one of our guys to process this on our end.

BTW I'm grateful for the screenshot you gave us.

1. Can you advise what you clicked on the screenshot below and a screenshot of what happened afterwards?

2. What plan do you want to change into and what plan options you have there? Note that we have BYO or data only plans which does not include modems and we also have Home Phone bundled plans which may include modems.

TPG1.PNG

It would also be helpful for us in investigating this if you can private message me or any of my colleagues your TPG Customer ID or account details.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

pjac1997
Level 2

Thanks Joseph

Ive already made the change from wireless broadband back to NBN25 a couple of months ago. There's nothing to do here other than to stop your team from double-billing me for both the wireless and broadband and NBN.

As for what I click to get to the "change of plan" screenshots, I go through your main page, tpg.com.au. I click on the plan I want and press "buy now". Im then prompted to sign in using my account details. Doing this leads me into a 9-step process, which differs from the 5-step process your colleagued showed earlier.

As you can see from the screenshot yesterday I dont have any of the relevant "change of plan" links in my account profile. Although even when I used to have these links available, I was still presented with a 9-step process (including the unwanted modem step), which is why I continue to hold a gripe with your systems.

Cheers

BasilDV

Your feedback means a lot and will help us improve our service @pjac1997.

We'll make sure that you'll not be billed for both HWB and NBN.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

Joseph_D

Hi @pjac1997 ,

My colleague @BasilDV will check on the Home Wireless Billing.

I can understand the part of not being sent out a modem if you do not want it, I am very curious as to why it led to the 9 steps instead of the 5 steps. Next time you do a change of plan, do reach out to me directly so we can assist as most of the people who specialize in this advise me that changing plan from one NBN Home Bundled Plan to another or one NBN Data only plan to another should not involve a modem unless there are deviations on the type of plan requested.

Kind regards,

Joseph D