Hi @Deccas .
Only image files can be attached. That file.io method worked ok.
Using the other router, do ping www.tpg.com.au and tracert -d www.tpg.com.au and save the output.
Disconnect DIR from nbn box. Do manual internet setup (PPPoE, no vlan id). There should be no error message because the router should not try to connect. Try putting TPG in username in lower case.
Reboot router. Give it 5 minutes to go through startup, then connect to nbn box. Give it a few more minutes.
Save the system log.
Look in the router status page and see if it has been given a public ip address.
Look in the router statistics page. Select Internet and see if there has been any send and receive traffic.
On your computer, do ping to the TPG address noted above and tracert to same address. Wanting to see if router can see any part of the network.
P.S. You can copy and paste the router log on the end of your reply.
Well interesting results.
I followed your instructions - ping and tracert results are attached for the old Netcomm router are attached.
All good there.
Next step was to remove the Netcomm router, replace with DLINK except don't connect to NBN.
Did a factory reset. Had to go through wizard initially as it gives you no other option. Used lower case TPG in user name (I've tried both ways before with no difference). Turned VLAN off,checked PPPoE settings. Saved, and then Rebooted. Waited about 10 mins, connected to NBN box, waited another 5 minutes.
System log is here https://file.io/p94iAQ182tUB
Router status page is attached.
Router Statistics page is attached, and looks like it is sending and receiving packets ok, which to me sounds like it can 'see' the internet.
Next, I did the Ping and Tracer - results attached.
As I was doing the snip to capture the TRACERT results, I came back to the Router home page and found that it was connected! See attached.
After a stunned couple of minutes, I browsed to a site and it was working fine. I don't know what happened to make it connect but I couldn't accept that it happened as just a fluke. I had to be able to replicate what I did in case the power goes off or I need to reboot in the future.
So I clicked on wizard setup again, and wouldn't you know it, we are back to no connection again.
I tried all of the steps again, and again, but this time I couldn't get it to connect.
This is quite bizarre. I'm interested to hear your thoughts. I will try the same process again tomorrow.
What model Netcomm router is it?
With the Netcomm connected, verify if it is using VLAN ID or not and the MTU value. Set the Dlink with these settings.
Connect the Dlink and let it settle.Do the ping and tracert but use the ip address, not the name.
If the Dlink should start working, get the system log. (I don't understand the system log but I had thought something might stand out.)
On the Internet status picture, it is odd that it shows "Dynamic IP (PPPoE)" instead of "PPPoE (Dynamic IP)" because the latter would be better based on the description in manual,. MTU setting is on this screen.
It is a Netcomm NF12
No it does not appear to be using VLAN.
The MTU setting within the router is 1492, however when I used PING with various MTU settings via the CMD window it showed 1464 as the limit. See attached screenshots.
I tried various MTU settings (1492, 1464, 1460 etc) in the DLINK, however still no connection unfortunately.
Any other suggestions?
My next step is to log another ticket with TPG to check this, they closed the last one as they confirmed my internet was working when they checked - however this was when the Netcomm was attached, not the DLINK. I will need them to call me first so I can change the routers over before testing.
If that fails, then unfortunately this router is going to have to be sent back to the seller.
Not sure why it would be doing that.
Unfortunately I haven't had a resolution yet. I am going to try calling a TPG technician while the router is connected, however i haven't got the time to spare to deal with this during working hours at the moment. I have been able to get it to connect twice, randomly after some messing around, however if I reboot I can't connect again and the process that worked earlier is not replicable. Very frustrating. I'm not very proficient in router tech, however I suspect that the problem lies with the router not being able to 'handshake' with the TPG side somehow.
Good luck with your problem.
I've logged a request with D-Link, lets see what they have to say. I had the TPG support people call me late on Saturday night, however all the lady could do was to step me through the basics which I'd already covered off.