TPG Community

Get online support

D-Link DIR-X5460 can't connect to TPG

SOLVED Go to solution
Deccas
Level 3

Unfortunately after correspondence with D-Link they have failed to find a solution for the problem as well.  They did provide me with a firmware update to v1.10 (which does allow you to use the router as an extender now), however that didn't work either.

I will have to return the router to the vendor.

Can someone from TPG please advise of a list of working routers which work with TPG NBN?  Something more recent that the Netcomm NF12.

Thanks

D.

Shane

Hi @Deccas,

TPG do not recommend any specific brand of 3rd party modem/router, as long as it is a VDSL2+ modem/router or NBN-ready router for NBN-FTTP it should be compatible with TPG NBN service, then we can provide you the settings required to access the internet connection. We advise to check it on google for reviews. 

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Unfortunately after correspondence with D-Link they have failed to find a solution for the problem as well.  They did provide me with a firmware update to v1.10 (which does allow you to use the router as an extender now), however that didn't work either.

I will have to return the router to the vendor.

Can someone from TPG please advise of a list of working routers which work with TPG NBN?  Something more recent that the Netcomm NF12.

Thanks

D.

Deccas
Level 3

Just to close this thread off.  I tried out two D-Link DIR-X5460 units and neither of them worked. Both of them were returned to CentreCom and faulted for them as well.

I selected an ASUS RT-AX86U AX5700 as a replacement, it cost a bit more however. Once I'd set it up, again there was no internet connection, however I downloaded the firmware update, reset the unit (can't skip this step!), and tried again, and voila! it was working like a charm.

36boyceb
Level 2
It appears that I'm having the same issue with my new DIR-X5460. Seems to think the username/password is incorrect but it absolutely is correct. Tried a few different settings with VLAN/Triple-Play on/off, tried calling support but the line cut out after only a minute of finally speaking to someone, they text me to confirm a call back but then didn't.... Anyone on here got a X5460 that works with TPG?
BasilDV

Hi @36boyceb

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that you've been in touch with our Tech team.

Since you are under the NBN FTTP Technology, you don't need to set the VLAN ID to 2 as it should work as a router only.

Basic troubleshooting has been provided but there's no attempt for the said router to authenticate with the NBN server.

You've been advised to contact the equipment manufacturer for further checking.

Also, a replacement router has been requested for the TPG provided one.

Further updates will be given as soon as it becomes available.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

davidlee61
Level 3
Hi There

I just upgraded my plan and bought the same Dlink x5460 I was unable to connect it I am wondering if this router doesn’t not work why it was recommended by Tpg please advise what the solution is?
Very frustrating
Thanks
David
davidlee61
Level 3
Hi there

I have the same issue with D-Link which I just bought, I did read the thread before but thought it may have been fixed.

Is your new router still working fine with no issues?
Thanks
Deccas
Level 3

No. It was never fixed. Both D-Links I tried were found to be faulty and were returned. I changed to an ASUS RT-AX86U AX5700, and after a firmware update it worked and hasn't skipped a beat since.

davidlee61
Level 3
Thanks I returned the router
davidlee61
Level 3
Contacted the Tpg technical and they were unable to fix the connection issue and they referred me this post I hope they talk to D-Link and also remove this router from their recommended list,

I am now left in limbo and because of lockdown in Sydney cannot take it directly to the place of purchase for repairs or refund.