TPG Community

Get online support

DNS Server not available

cada2020
Level 2

Please contact with regards to almost hourly "DNS Server not available". Can be stable after a router reset but drops out with a wifi consumer rejoining the network. Both the TPG supplied (awful) and upgraded at significant cost router have the same issue with the automatic TPG DNS servers. I am aware that manual is not available for home users. 

I am using a Dlink DSL-2888A with current firmware.

This issue needs due attention as we will be considering other providers after being a loyal and patient TPG customer for more than 10 years.

12 REPLIES 12
cada2020
Level 2

bump

Ahra_G

Hi @cada2020,

Welcome to the Community! 

We may need to perform isolation tests to check what kind of issue you are experiencing at the moment. 

We need to further check if it is a line issue or if it is the equipment. 

Let us have your details via private message so we can have our Technical team look into it. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

cada2020
Level 2
Replied as requested
Riezl

Thanks for sending the details via PM. We have already advised our Technical Team. Kindly await a call within the day.

cada2020
Level 2

I look forward to feedback on what work was done to rectify.

cada2020
Level 2

I receive messages from TPG they want to close my ticket because it appears my NBN is connected. This is correct that the NBN is showing four solid LEDs, but my devices are not able to access the internet until the wifi router is reset. I have done this three times today whilst trying to study. The common theme seems to be when a new device joins the network, all others are dropped off (including nil internet access for the new device), until a wifi router reset is carried out. Then we may get hours or minutes of uninterupted usage until another reset is carried out. Our user experience is pretty negative. 

I booked a callback time for 5pm Friday but received a call I could not take at 11am Saturday.

cada2020
Level 2

I gave up on using TPG today, yet another reset was required. I am posting this from my Optus Mobile Hotspot.

cada2020
Level 2

Today I needed to study after work for an important exam later this week. Both my laptop and phone failed to connect to the internet once joining the wifi network. As my partner was on a meeting call, I couldn't reset the router. The wifi does not seem to accept new parties to the wifi without resetting? Please advice some action I can try. 

I am hotspotting again today because I need some reliability. But I'm disappointed to be paying so much for a service that I can't conveniently use.

cada2020
Level 2

This afternoon, I arrived home to reports of internet instability from the resident home office worker. I disabled Failover WAN in case that is conflicting. 

Just hit and hope until I receive a call I guess.

Any ideas? I've followed all the guides here.