TPG Community

Get online support

DNS reverse ptr request was sent to dns@tpg.com.au

SOLVED Go to solution
baramee00
Level 2

Hi after reading a similar post I have sent a request to get a reverse dns pointer set up last week. I also have raised a ticket with TPG support #9023989. What is the best way to monitor the progress of my requests?

Mail to dns@tpg.com.au :-

"We need a reverse pointer record for :- mx.obt.net.au

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    mx.obt.net.au
Address: 125.254.33.119

paulius@devd9-ba:~$ host 125.254.33.119
119.33.254.125.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer 119.33.254.125.static.soulaustralia.com.au. "

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joseph_D

@twwg  our system administrators has processed your request. They will reply to you directly. - Joseph D

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Riezl

Hi @baramee00,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that this issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team.

The case engineer has been in touch yesterday and was able to confirm that the issue has been resolved.

If the issue persists, feel free to message us so we can investigate further. Thank you.

baramee00
Level 2

Thank you. I have checked this morning and am unable to confirm that the reverse ptr has been set :-

paulius@devd9-ba:~$ date
Wed 19 Dec 09:14:13 AEDT 2018
119.33.254.125.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer 119.33.254.125.static.soulaustralia.com.au.
paulius@devd9-ba:~$

Further help is appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

Riezl

Hi @baramee00, we'll coordinate this with our Engineering Team and will have the case engineer contact you before 5PM NSW to discuss the progression of the case.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

Riezl

Apologies, @baramee00. It appears that the issue raised to our Engineering Team is about the Call Quality.

We will need to forward your concern regarding the reverse DNS to the right department, but for immediate assistance, you may also contact them directly by sending an email to dna@tpg.com.au.

Riezl

Hi @baramee00, we'd like to check if you have already sent an email to dna@tpg.com.au regarding this concern. May we know if you have received a reply from them?

baramee00
Level 2

Good morning. Yes yesterday afternoon I did send an email to dna@tpg.com.au. Not long after I received an email stating that the request would be sent to the relevant team looking after our particular server. I have not received further communication but, I am happy to be able to confirm the requester PTR is in place.

Thu 20 Dec 12:02:48 AEDT 2018
119.33.254.125.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer mx.obt.net.au.

Thank you to all for your assistance and cooperation.

baramee00
Level 2

P.S. I have asked the staff to contact the clients who were unable successfully send us email to askk iif they could try again.

I will let you know as soon as I get some feedback.

Thanks again for your help.

Riezl

No worries, @baramee00.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Cheers!

twwg
Level 2

Hi Baramee00

Going through similar problems to get a PTR record deleted.
Any advice on how I get to someone who understands/can do this
Thanks