DSL Not connecting

Level 2
Yes, I can connect to tplink modem page through wifi. And cannot browse any other pages
KarlB

Do you get an error message when you try and browse?

Level 2
Yea, error connection timed out
KarlB

Hi 6584769,

Regarding the photo you attached.You have an NBN_HFC service you’re not going to see any stats under the DSL information.

-Can you make sure your Mobile Phone Hotspot is still turned off?

-Have you restarted the computer since turning off the hotspot? Sometimes Windows can be a little funny when changing Wi-Fi networks.

-Are you able to connect with a device via an Ethernet cable direct to your modem?

-What webpage are you going to that gives you the time out message?

-Are you using a VPN service?

Thanks,

Karl

Level 2
-Can you make sure your Mobile Phone Hotspot is still turned off?
Hotspots are off

-Have you restarted the computer since turning off the hotspot? Sometimes Windows can be a little funny when changing Wi-Fi networks.
Restarted and checked with 2 laptops and 1 desktop

-Are you able to connect with a device via an Ethernet cable direct to your modem?
Connected to my desktop directly

-What webpage are you going to that gives you the time out message?
news.com.au

-Are you using a VPN service?
Not

The DSL light in modem supposed to be on right?
KarlB

Hi @6584769,

You have an NBN_HFC the DSL light will not come on for this service. The WAN and the Internet lights are the important ones.

All my systems are saying you are online, and there shouldn't be any reason why you should be able to browse.

I'm going to reset your connection from my end to see if this helps. Retest your service in about 5mins.

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

The reset has gone through. Can I get you to restart your modem please? and give it about 3 minutes to boot back up.

Level 2
Keep getting this message
KarlB

That message just means your modem is trying to reconfigure. This can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to about 30mins. Normally closer to the couple of minute mark.

Can you confirm you don’t have anything plugged into your DSL port on your modem/router?

Level 2
No, nothing on the DSL slot