TPG Community

Get online support

DSL Username Keeps Resetting

kevinlee999
Level 2

I have an issue the past few weeks where every few days the username in the DSL section of the router settings resets and I lose connection to the internet. I have to access the router settings and reenter the correct username in order to regain access to the internet. I tried IP and Mac binding and changing my wifi password to make sure noone else is accessing the router but the same problem is reoccurring. 

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @kevinlee999 . When you lose internet access and you log into the router admin, what value is in the username? It might provide a clue.

Next time you have to redo the username, turn the router off and on and see that the username is retained.

BasilDV

Hi @kevinlee999 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and would like to confirm if you've factory reset the modem/router?

If not, then try to follow the advise of @david64 first. If the issue still persists, then factory reset the modem/router as it may resolve it.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

kevinlee999
Level 2

I've tried both methods and have given the router a factory reset but the same issue is reoccurring. 

This is the username it keeps resetting to 'mikztup71@iinet.net.au'.

david64
Level 15

@kevinlee999 @BasilDV . Looks like this router has had a previous life at iinet. When I received my router from TPG, it had a userid with letters acs in it (auto config server).

Maybe a proper new router will fix it.

Is your router from TPG or a third party one?

kevinlee999
Level 2
Its a TPG one. Thanks for the help. Ill get in contact with support to get a replacement.
Riezl

Hi @kevinlee999, we'd be more that happy to assist you. We have located an account using your community details,  but we'd like to make sure that we got the right one. Please send us a private message with your TPG details so we can verify the account. To send a PM , please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community