TPG Community

Get online support

Daily dropout issue

Yimasaka
Level 2
Hello

I’m in Kareela NSW, almost daily basis our internet drops off which is really affecting our working from home activities.
We rarely had an issue with our old place (Kirrawee), we moved to Kareela about 4 month ago. Our NBN changed from FTTP to HFC upon relocation. I use a modem router provided by TPG(Huawei HG659)
There doesn’t seem to be any pattern when it happens, could be in the morning or afternoon. It usually last 2-3 min.

If anyone knows what I can do to fix the issue it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @Yimasaka,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

If you are still having issues, please send us a private message with your TPG customer  ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and further help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Yimasaka
Level 2
Hi

I’m still experiencing frequent dropout. Modem factory reset wasn’t working, and there is no outage happening at our area at the time dropout happens.

I would like to cancel the service without penalty as this is seriously affecting our work, as we’ve been working from home all the time.

Please advice if we can cancel without penalty.

Thanks
Shane

Hi @Yimasaka,

We're sad to know that you're still having issues with the service. We'd love to help and get to the bottom of this, we ran an initial test it shows multiple dropouts on the modem/router's connection to our network but no line fault we're detected. Shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time. We'll have one of our Technicians contact you for real-time test and investigations.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi

I’m still experiencing frequent dropout. Modem factory reset wasn’t working, and there is no outage happening at our area at the time dropout happens.

I would like to cancel the service without penalty as this is seriously affecting our work, as we’ve been working from home all the time.

Thanks
Shane

Hi @Yimasaka,

One of our Technicians attempted to contact you today unfortunately no avail. Your service is part of an outage and planned to get restored by 07/04/2021
15:00 AEST. Visit https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status# for updates.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Hi

Thanks