TPG Community

Get online support

Disconnects and variable speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
burnttoast87
Level 2

Hi I have been having issues with my NBN 100/40 this week. I have raised this in ticket 10610886 and since I didn't experience the issue last night I thought it might have been fixed until it started again today.

Basically I get random disconnects and my speeds tank. I normally get around 87-93/33 but this drops to about 50/0.5 at its lowest and maybe 80/2 at best with lots of fluctuation on the speedtest. It seemed to be mostly happening at peak times between 6-10 and usually resolved at 11pm without having to do anything. It just started again this morning which is why I'm posting now.

I have tried a wired isolation test with my normal router (Asus RT-AC88U running Merlin) as well as my TPG supplied Archer router and the issues happens with both of them. Power cycling usually gets me reconnected but doesn't fix the speeds and the droput usually recurs. 

Edited to attach latest speedtest

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @burnttoast87

We are still working with NBN on investigating and resolving your service concern. We will keep you updated via SMS or phone call on the progress.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

burnttoast87
Level 2

Got told it was a NBN network issue for my area. Informed today has been fixed and my speeds have been normal and I haven't had any disconnects so I shall see how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
burnttoast87
Level 2

Someone from engineering contacted me and I'm waiting to here from NBN about a time to come check the line. I dunno if this helps figure out what is happening but it seems everytime the issue happens my WAN IP seems to change

Riezl

Hi @burnttoast87 ,we'd like to take a look at your account and help with the resolution. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

burnttoast87
Level 2

Thanks I have sent the PM. I don't think its going to be a line issue otherwise I wouldn't be able to get 90/33 for a few hours straight. It starts and DL speeds go all over the place, UL speeds tank and my TPG IP changes heaps.

I even went down to the basement and checked no one had messed with the cabling and cable TV filter for my apartment.

Riezl

Thanks for the details. We can see that our Engineering Team raised the issue to NBN Co. and waiting for the reserved appointment to be booked. You'll receive further updates through SMS or phone call as soon as the technician appointment has been booked.

burnttoast87
Level 2
Hi I still haven't heard from the NBN guys about an appointment. Are you able to check what's going on from your end?
BasilDV

Hi @burnttoast87

We are still working with NBN on investigating and resolving your service concern. We will keep you updated via SMS or phone call on the progress.

BasilDV

burnttoast87
Level 2

Got told it was a NBN network issue for my area. Informed today has been fixed and my speeds have been normal and I haven't had any disconnects so I shall see how it goes. Thanks!