TPG Community

Get online support

Discontinuation of e-mail services

jpgibard
Level 3

I've been with Chariot and TPG for a long time and have heard that TPG intend to close-down the chariot.net.au email domain as the servers are at end-of-life.  I understand the reasoning, but don't understand why we simply could have an alias on the TPG email server.

I've had no formal notice of the pending chariot shut-down, and would like to know what the time-frame is so that I can change my profiles on accounts and subscriptions that point to my chariot address.

Now today I've heard  that TPG is planning to cease providing email altogether.  What is the time-frame for that, I wonder?  Having email is an important part of my on-line needs.  If TPG chooses to cease providing it then I'll have little choice than to move to an ISP that does provide it.

16 REPLIES 16
goulash
Level 3
Where did you read tpg are ceasing there email services?
tybsi
Level 2

I was wondering the same thing. I've just found this on TPG website.

https://support.tpg.com.au/tpg-email-addresses#:~:text=New%20TPG%20email%20addresses%20are,as%20of%2....

"New TPG email addresses are no longer available as of 6 June 2023. If you’d like to create a new email address, please consider alternative options from other email providers."

Ahra_G

Hi @jpgibard

Please note that this change is only applicable for new customers. No new emails will be offered; existing customers should still be able to use their TPG email address. 

Email notifications have been sent to TPG customers informing of the change. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

jpgibard
Level 3

I didn't read it, I was told by tech support staff 

jpgibard
Level 3

Hi,

The only notification I've received from TPG regarding email has been to notify me of the closure of an unused email account.

I've had nothing from TPG or Chariot to formally notify me of the closure of my chariot.net.au email account, but I'm told its going to happen soon

adsljw8s
Level 3

Hope they plan to give cheaper plans to new customers as they're not including eMail services.

GG51
Level 2

What happens to alias email accounts and email only accounts?

BasilDV

Hi @GG51

This has been raised to our team for clarification.

Please send us a private message with your account details for further checking.

BasilDV

chriscutter
Level 3

this didnt age well