Get online support

Dlink DIR-X5460 - FTTP - DO NOT USE. REQUEST TPG REFUND YOUR PURCHASE

ow723h1
Level 2

Multiple threads on the DLINK DIR-X5460, NOT working for FTTP

LOTS of customers all having to buy new modems

TPG totally NOT understanding the issue or taking responsibility

OPERATORS cognitivley incapable of understanding the issue

Lots of people out of pocket. TPG not offering to refund anybody for the modems they are STILL advertising to use with FTTP 

CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE REFUNDED FOR BUYING Dlink DIR-X5460 - From TPG's documentation of recommended hardward. These are $400 modems

8 REPLIES 8
ow723h1
Level 2

What an absolute JOKE.

Spent 20 mins, every week for the last 5 weeks trying to explain to TPG telephone support that they are advertising a modem that does not work with their service.

Furthermore, I asked if I could use their home wireless modem in the interim (as it worked)

They declined. I used it anyway. Then I had to spend another $250 on a different modem. I am now $600 down on modems. And I need to send their modem back or I will be charged $180.

Me advising they are advertising a device that does not work. Is met by confusion, disbelief, or a cognitive incapacity to fully understand, and remediate the problem. My FTTP has also went from 850 Mbps down to 80 Mbps for the last 5 days. I am now paying for Ultrafast but getting speeds the same as 4G.

I wouldnt recommend TPG to my worst enemy 

Ahra_G

Hi @ow723h1,

Reading through this thread, one of our moderators posted instructions/images on how to set up this particular make & model. 

If you need assistance, our Tech team would be glad to help. Just send in your customer ID or username via private message so we can organise a call back to be made. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Dlinkmisery
Level 2
Same problem here with same modem

After a week of tpg spending a lot of time blaming me and the “third party modem you’ve bought” I’ve got to a scenario where I can connect by
Fiddling with the vlan settings, disabling, enabling triple play and restarting the modem. This seems to get it to connect temporarily, then it dies and you have to repeat the same process a couple of hours later

Tpg Technical support to be fair have been interested in helping up to a point, but ultimately keen to blame Dlink. but it seems I’m in no way the first, and still list it as a supported router on their page

Has anyone ever found a permanent solution other than burning more money on a new modem or switching provider?

Shane

Hi @Dlinkmisery,

I responded to your initial message via PM, please check your inbox.

Regards,

Same problem here with same modem

After a week of tpg spending a lot of time blaming me and the “third party modem you’ve bought” I’ve got to a scenario where I can connect by
Fiddling with the vlan settings, disabling, enabling triple play and restarting the modem. This seems to get it to connect temporarily, then it dies and you have to repeat the same process a couple of hours later

Tpg Technical support to be fair have been interested in helping up to a point, but ultimately keen to blame Dlink. but it seems I’m in no way the first, and still list it as a supported router on their page

Has anyone ever found a permanent solution other than burning more money on a new modem or switching provider?

Loco
Level 2

Same situation here. 
losing connection to internet every time there's NBN or power outage. Twice managed to fiddle with VLan settings after resetting both NBN and X5460 router but can't find any logic or step by step procedure. It's more like hit and miss thing.

Does TPG have any solution here, please? You ARE recommending this modem for your service. I'm trying to get anyone from TPG to pick up the phone for two days now....

BasilDV

Hi @Loco 

Based on what you've advised, that is normal to lose the internet connection since there's an NBN or power outage.

Outage, means that there's an equipment that is currently down, which caused the interruptions.

Even if you reconfigure your device, the service will not work since there's an outage.

How's your service? Just send us a private message with your account details and we'll check it for you.

BasilDV

Loco
Level 2
@BasilDV
connection has been restored after few days.. but now it hapenned again - without any power outage internet connection has just stopped. Can you check my connection please? I’ll send you PM
BasilDV

Hi @Loco 

We've responded to your PM and will be waiting for you to complete the verification.

BasilDV