TPG Community

Get online support

Does NBN plan include home phone?

jan00
Level 2

Hello - does NBN plans come with home phone or is that an add-on? 

5 REPLIES 5
Julien_M

Hi @jan00

Our NBN plans are sold as a bundle. You are not required to use your phone and you have the option not to plug in a handset if you do not intend to use the home phone. No minimum call spend is required and line rental is already included as part of your bundle service. You may also opt to get a voice add-on. 

However, for NBN Extra Fast plans do not include a phone service and are only available on a no lock-in contract.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

alvinlam
Level 2

Hi I'm a new user and also have the same question with my FTTB M Bundle plan. Please help me.
I'm wondering so much about this as I will only use internet. Moreover I also wonder that do I have to pay any more fee related to home phone in the future when I am not intend to use ? 
And does internation call via facebook have any relevance to the phone service here ?

BasilDV

Hi @alvinlam 

If the bundled VoIP plan that you've applied is pay as you go, then there's no additional charge if you are not going to use it.

You can also disconnect any handset or don't connect anything at all.

Any usage of the application like Messenger, WhatsApp etc. to call internationally don't have any relevance to the bundled phone as it will use the internet service.

BasilDV

alvinlam
Level 2

Oh that's great to hear. Thank you so much for your support! I really really appreciate it!

BasilDV

Glad to be of assistance, @alvinlam