TPG Community

Get online support

Dropouts 4217 past month

SOLVED Go to solution
garythomann13
Level 6

Same old story like all the other forum posts.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
garythomann13
Level 6

Dropouts  ('all lights on nobody home' for both modem and router)

+ wed 11-March  1230 1253 1255 1300 1321 (out for 20 minutes)

- NBN calling perhaps! ... thanks for the sms or call guys Smiley Happy (eye roll emoji)

+ Friday 13-3  2212
+ Mon 16-3  1017
+ Thur  19-3  0830  1724
+ Fri  20-3  1155
+ Mon 24-3  23:18

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
garythomann13
Level 6

Hey Gary, Welcome to da community!  

We're a tech company and we got no clue as to what is happening on our networks ... we do but hell we don't want our customers to know that!  Better to be re-active than pro-active ....

garythomann13
Level 6

Hello garythomann13,

You have received a private message in the TPG Community community.

Subject: In response to your post - Dropouts 4217 past month
Date: 04-03-2020 11:03 PM

Hi.

In additional response to your post located here, https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Dropouts-4217-past-month/m-p/47519#M18652.

We ran an initial test to the service we've seen that it is connected for 9h 8m with a minimal dropouts detected, however we also noticed a possible line fault. We'd like to have one of our Technicians contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Please reply to this message with your best contact number and preferred time.

Cheers!

garythomann13
Level 6

+ I replied with anytime after 9am as I work from home

+ 3 dropouts today before 1pm

- note drops started 1-2 months ago, obviously sometimes the network is down but noticed increasingly all lights on as normal on both modem and router but drop out occurred

+ I do understand there will be the issue of NBN ping pong

- how the hell could OZ folks vote in successive governments that used major infrastructure as a political football

+ my original coax installed 2002 so could be at fault

- wonder if the tech will replace with fibre from my modem to the street Smiley Happy

Shane

Hi @garythomann13,

There are different caused of dropouts that you may experience.

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
  2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
  3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection we did an article that you may find helpful see links below.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

Cheers!

garythomann13
Level 6

+ call from TPG support 

- validated serial numbers and mac of both router and modem, both supplied by TPG when installed last year

- reset of router, 10 seconds, actually turned off router, hit reset again and powered up

- note no changes to routers internal settings, everything is as is the day installed by TPG NBN techs

> TPG support taking things from here, 1-2 days will receive further call of outcomes etc

garythomann13
Level 6

+ TPG Tech Support rang

- basically TPG side of things look fine

> handed over to NBN and will be kept in the loop Smiley Happy 

garythomann13
Level 6

+ booking time confirmed for tech(s) onsite Monday 10-3-2020  am window (8-12)

- ticket number assigned 1.5 hours later

garythomann13
Level 6

+ reminder text yesterday (screenshot 2020-03-09_0902.png)

+ third party (not tpg nor nbn) tech came 8am

- replaced end component at house junction outside

- snipped and replaced coax end at street 

> tested line and confirmed all good from street to modem

> said that NBN will come and check street cables within the next 1-2 days

+ I did speed check and results slightly improved or normal ie no degredation (screenshot2020-03-09_0904.png )

garythomann13
Level 6

+ Text message from TPG Tech Ops just now

"

TPG: Our tests show your service is now working. Fault ticket 10324592 is now closed and any technician appointment cancelled. If issue persists, pls reply.

"

> and true no drop out for the last 24 hours, see how things go Smiley Happy