Dropouts

Tammichandler
Level 2
Hello

We are still experiencing frequent dropouts with our NBN after getting the modem replaced.

It's consistently between 10am-12pm every day which makes working from home difficult.

Please advise how to correct this or if TPG in unable to properly service my area. We'd prefer to pay for internet we can use.

1. Username: tammichandler
2. Account Number: 6606674

Thank you for your assistance
3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @Tammichandler 

Let me look into this for you.

Regards,

David_M

David_M

Hi @Tammichandler 

Thanks for your query!

I checked the NBN portal for your HFC service and tests are passing. It shows the NBN-NTD has been up for 7x days.

You already have a new modem which is great, and an NBN tech visit was recently attended also.

You may need to investigate any localised issue.
Wireless interference can cause various issues with your WiFi network. If all of your devices connected to via WiFi are affected, then you may need to change some wireless settings. We've created an article that will guide you on How to improve your home network.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...

Regards,
David_M

Tammichandler
Level 2
Thanks David

Our connection may have passed your tests but it really is very consistent with no data connection, slower speeds and dropouts between 10am and 12pm. Is there anyway you can look into this?

Or if we can record this happening. Our internet was fine when we first moved in, then it consistently dropped out at 11am for an hour and now it is disconnecting for 2 or so hours. Even with the new modem and technician visit. I also have a signal booster. I am currently 2m away from the modem and experience all this.

I looked through your article and done everything it's suggested.

Can you please advise the cause of if we should move to another provider in our area?

Thank you
Tammi