TPG Community

Get online support

Drops and slow internet

Marky2750
Level 2

Plz assist, constant drops and slow internet over the past few days.... seems to be a re-occuring issue, happens more frequently @ night. Strongly considering changing provider as this keeps happening 

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Marky2750 ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we're sad to know that you're having issues with the service. I ran an initial test to the service and the result shows no dropout or line fault, in the event that the dropouts only affecting the devices connected via Wi-Fi this could be caused by Wireless Interference.

Here are some articles that we did that you may find helpful.

Let us know how it will go.

Marky2750
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I did both articles you sent and havent had succsess.

With the channel changing, It was on auto 6 and i put it to 1 (11 wasn't available, i have a Netcomm n300 modem and it only had channels 1-9) and i still had the same issue.

Also did all the tips in the modem placement etc. All the devices get full strength signal, the Speed tests hover around 30-45mbps, but then goto 300-500kb and go out completely. If i turn the modem on and off again the internet comes back. It only started happening once i upgraded from 12mbps internet to 25, now im on the 50 one and it still happens. We have 6 devices connected (2 phones, 2 tablets, PC, Apple TV), but not all are being used @ the same time.

Got any advice on what to do?

BasilDV

Hi @Marky2750

We'll raise this with our Tech team and have someone to call you tomorrow between 9AM - 11AM.

Thank you for your patience.

BasilDV