TPG Community

Get online support

Email Cancellation and move to The Messaging Company

peterk
Level 3

A question with Email addresses that have associated Aliases.  Will each alias need to be transfered individually?  Does The Messaging Company email allow for Aliases?

7 REPLIES 7
peterk
Level 3

Just a follow up message to TPG.  I have been with TPG for a long time, over 10 years and have enjoyed the service.  Every provider has it quirks and TPG is no different, this is understood by anyone in IT.  I work for a major IT vendor and as such would find that any change to service (let alone a major service), would be notified to users, way ahead of time.

I am very disappointed in TPG and the fact that I had to learn about the email service shutdown and transition by going to TPG’s website.  That is bad enough, notwithstanding there are other checks and balances that TGP should have done at least, to maintain good standing and faith with its service users.

I don’t think it unreasonable that TPG Should have:

• Notified its users individually by email
  • Provided an alternative solution (which TPG has Done)
  • Provided users with a comparable ability and service if not a better service
  • Negotiated a deal with the transitioning organisation
  • Provided transition information via email,
  • Provided users with a view of ongoing COST associated with the new service
  • ETC.

I am extremely disappointed, I have previously spoken to people looking for an internet service and pointed them to TPG.  I don’t think I will be doing this again.

adsll0l4
Level 3

That's something (about aliases) many usuers would like to know, and should be readily available in a public statement. It ought to be mentioned in the info which comes up when we "click here" to learn about the transfer.

brentons152
Level 3

From everything I've seen here, each Alias will require a seperate account with TMC.

How you do this and who pays for additional accounts is the only thing that is not clear.

Before you worry to much about Aliases

Please read This: An open letter to all TPG users about Email Migration. 

Angeli

Hi @peterk

When you transfer your TPG main email, any email aliases will transfer too. If you have a slave email which has its own inbox, you will need to register it separately.

Regards,

Angeli

neates
Level 3
100% agree. They have all our email addresses - surely the courtesy of an email to all of us is not beyond them. I found out about this via an article on Twitter from the Australian Financial Review. Even that article headline just referenced iiNet customers - it was only when I opened the article (kudos to AFR for not hiding it behind a paywall) that I found out it also includes TPG customers.
peterk
Level 3

Angeli

Thank you for the reply.

Just to confirm.  We will transfer teh main email address and all aliases will go with the main email account.

I presume, only the main email account will be charged for after the grace period?

Cheers

Peter

Angeli

That is right, Peter! Smiley Happy