TPG Community

Get online support

Email addresses moving to the messaging company

zzjopark
Level 2

1.  Why is this happening?

2.  Does this mean that my unlimited high-speed NBN plan, which includes phone and emails, will cost less because a vital part of the service will no longer be included?

14 REPLIES 14
BasilDV

Hi @zzjopark 

1.  Why is this happening? - We no longer sell or create Email accounts and will focus on providing customers with the best network, devices, plans, mobile and internet solutions available. 

2.  Does this mean that my unlimited high-speed NBN plan, which includes phone and emails, will cost less because a vital part of the service will no longer be included? - No, the price for the NBN plan will remain.

BasilDV

nanahcub
Level 3

At least they are providing a means by which we can keep our emails.

I think the messaging company will likely base pricing on how many transfer. That's probably why we don't know pricing yet. They probably don't know either yet.

If everyone transfers it will likely be cheaper than if fewer transfer.

So it is in everyone's interest if we all transfer.

I would suggest to at least give the messaging company a go. Do the transfer and see how it is. It will be free till 15 September 2024 anyway.

Here is the transfer link: https://register.themessagingco.com.au/tpg

sabertooth
Level 2

or you just change to another ISP that provides you the complete service.

arthurki
Level 2

Will the service cost less?

Don't be stupid!

Angeli

Hi @arthurki

Welcome to TPG Community! 

TPG will pay The Messaging Company email service charge until 15 September 2024. After 15 September 2024, you will be responsible for paying any charges you incur for the email service. The Messaging Company will contact customers with available pricing options at least 60 days prior to commencing charges for the email service.

Regards, 

Angeli

blinky52
Level 3

Hi  Well this is a shock!  TPG are so incompetent they are stopping emails!  I want a reduction in my internet service while I look for a reliable alternative.  TPG has for many many years been a pathetic service provider.  The TIO know me by my fisrt name becasue I made so many complaints.  TPG you are pathetic.  You have no idea what impact this will have on your users.  Most web sites including Facebook use an email address to logon.  Changing email address is very complicated and sometimes impossible.  Thanks TPG for screwing us.

knight2u
Level 2

"No, the price for the NBN plan will remain."

So, TPG are no longer providing part of the service we pay for but still expect to pay for that full service?

BasilDV, if you go to McDonalds and order a meal and you don't get the fries, is that acceptable?
What if your Foxtel package dropped the movie channels but still expected full price?
The list of examples goes on.

Someone in legal needs to go and have a look at the basics of Australian Consumer Law

Noel1969
Level 2

Well TPG, I will be moving to another provider because of this.  We have been with you nearly 20 years so time for a change.  

RonMcF
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

We no longer sell or create Email accounts and will focus on providing customers with the best network, devices, plans, mobile and internet solutions available. 

I think you'll find that most of your customers believe that an email service is an integral part of "the best ... solution available."
We have >6 TPG email addresses, and if we have to pay an extra cost for each (even if it's only, say, $10) then it will definitely be cheaper for us to churn to another ISP that includes email accounts than to continue with TPG and TMC.