TPG Community

Get online support

Emails missing/delayed

david64
Level 15

I have same problem as:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Emails-missing-delayed/m-p/136606

I am not getting some emails, or some are delayed by even 3 days (72 hours). It has started since the big outage around 21st Sep, when you removed support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1.

I had to switch to another mail client (Thunderbird), and that has brought to light this problem. 

Post Office displays the date/time the mail item was created. TB can also display the date/time received, which is where this problem is revealed.

In Post Office, I can use View Headers to confirm that some mail items are being delayed. 

I've seen the following line in mail headers from about the time this problem started:

Received: from gateway.pc5.atmailcloud.com (HELO mqr.i-0fcf51a769666ee23) ([13.54.26.16])

After this in the time line of the mail item, it passes through some more TPG servers before reaching my Inbox.

I suspect this is the mechanism being used in the transfer to TMC.

Even an email from TMC took over 4 hours to arrive.

At the moment, some emails are coming through with no delay, eg. Community, but others have delays of minutes or hours or even days. 

I registered with TMC before the cut-off. I was told I would be transferred mid October. But, I shouldn't have to figure out myself whether I have been transferred. I should be notified when I am transferred. 

Just good business practice!

If this is the quality of service that will be provided by TMC, I will be looking for a more reliable service.

I've transferred a few senders to another service and emails are arriving with minimal delay.

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @david64 ,

Let us help coordinate this with our Postmaster for investigation. Could you flick me a message with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I have same problem as:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Emails-missing-delayed/m-p/136606

I am not getting some emails, or some are delayed by even 3 days (72 hours). It has started since the big outage around 21st Sep, when you removed support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1.

I had to switch to another mail client (Thunderbird), and that has brought to light this problem.

Post Office displays the date/time the mail item was created. TB can also display the date/time received, which is where this problem is revealed.

In Post Office, I can use View Headers to confirm that some mail items are being delayed.

I've seen the following line in mail headers from about the time this problem started:

Received: from gateway.pc5.atmailcloud.com (HELO mqr.i-0fcf51a769666ee23) ([13.54.26.16])

After this in the time line of the mail item, it passes through some more TPG servers before reaching my Inbox.

I suspect this is the mechanism being used in the transfer to TMC.

Even an email from TMC took over 4 hours to arrive.

At the moment, some emails are coming through with no delay, eg. Community, but others have delays of minutes or hours or even days.

I registered with TMC before the cut-off. I was told I would be transferred mid October. But, I shouldn't have to figure out myself whether I have been transferred. I should be notified when I am transferred.

Just good business practice!

If this is the quality of service that will be provided by TMC, I will be looking for a more reliable service.

I've transferred a few senders to another service and emails are arriving with minimal delay.

david64
Level 15

@Shane . My username is the same as the email address in my Community profile.

Shane

Hi @david64 

We do not have access to your account community details, so it is best to send me your details via PM.

Regards,

@Shane . My username is the same as the email address in my Community profile.

neates
Level 3

I am having similar problems. I am gradually advising all my email correspondents of an alternative email address, ahead of our intention to cancel the TPG service. This is being done with a heavy heart after years of loyalty to Netconnect, Chariot and then TPG. It's a long and exhausting project.

What is of concern is that many email correspondents ask you to click on "change my preferences", and then you can expect an email to come through to your current address (i.e. at TPG) with a link to advise the change of address. Except, time and time again, that link does not arrive, or arrives after its time limit has expired. So I am now having to phone outfits to advise the change.

I would hope that this is not a ruse by TPG to frustrate its clients. If it is, I promise you it is only increasing my determination to get out of here and find another internet provider as well.

David