TPG Community

Get online support

Emails not sent due to SPAM claim

SOLVED Go to solution
phambley
Level 2

When I try to reply to an email the reply is labelled as SPAM and not sent.

The message I receive is similar to the following:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject '___________________ ', Account: 'Home Mail Server', Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 [TPG-S02] [0BAJwfTx012057] Message rejected as it appears to be spam. Use SMTP AUTH, PostOffice, or contact the Postmaster Team <postmaster@tpg.com.au>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

If I go in through the postmaster@tpg.com.au site I can cut and paste the email reply to the mailing site and it appears as though it gets sent.

Can someone, hopefully TPG, fix my mail account.

Cheers

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @phambley ,

We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to perform a basic troubleshooting to fix this issue.

Please see link below.

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP 

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @phambley ,

We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to perform a basic troubleshooting to fix this issue.

Please see link below.

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP 

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

RO
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am getting this same error message and tried all the online fixes inlcuding changing my password twice and still the same error.

Please unblock my email account....please!

554 5.7.1 [TPG-S02] [10R2pZIk012175] Message rejected

Ahra_G

Hi @RO

The most basic step for this issue can be found on this link: Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP 

• May we know what type email client you are using? 
  • Have you tried uninstalling/reinstaling the mail app?

Regards,

Ahra_G

RO
Level 2
Level 2

I am using Microsoft outlook.

I can send some emails to some people and they go through but there are many that give this same error message

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'name xxxxx' on 27/01/2021 5:23 PM

554 5.7.1 [TPG-S02] [10R6N5t2002525] Message rejected as it appears to be spam. Use SMTP AUTH, PostOffice, or contact the Postmaster Team <postmaster@tpg.com.au>

RO
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have updated and changed my password several times both through my tpg login account and then through outlook so they are all the same. This hasn't worked.

Ahra_G

Thanks for providing further details, @RO

We've passed them along to our PostMaster. 

Further updates will be provided once available. 

-Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @RO

PostMaster advises that you will need to enable the SMTP Authentication on your email and try to use port 587

Let us know how it goes. 

-Ahra_G