TPG Community

Get online support

Emails to GMail bouncing immediately

alanguide
Level 7

After years of perfect service, I am now getting:

'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    FW: Test to GMail

Sent: 4/04/2024 6:38 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'####' on 4/04/2024 6:38 AM

Server error: '550 5.1.1 ####@gmail.com recipient rejected'

Other emails outwards appear to be OK.

I should add that the two Gmail sendings that failed are both to people I send to on a nearly daily basis without problems.

EDIT: Also just received an email from a regular Gmail address, but reply attempt failed immediately as above.

All failure messages were instant and not delayed

10 REPLIES 10
tracey345
Level 2

I am having the same issues - but both with gmail and hotmail accounts.

My gmail emails are with people I have emailed previously a number of times.

The hotmail one I was responding to so not sure why it was rejected.

alanguide
Level 7

Many other users on the forum Whirlpool reporting GMail bounces. Mods: can you inform technical please. I have not pm'd you with private details as this is not sender specific. It appears to be a universal problem.

JJM
Level 3
Level 3

I am having the same issue. interestingly enough, if you send email from webmail. it goes through.

if you use a client, it doesnt. I believe it something to do with SMTP and google flagging email coming anyone on TPG as being "spam"/blocking

alanguide
Level 7

But the bounce is immediate, suggesting something at TPG end. . Not nearly long enough for the target RSP to respond.

JJM
Level 3
Level 3

thats a good point Alan. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. in TPGs "service status", no mention of an issue. i would have expected this to be at least flagged given how many people email Gmail accounts.

traci15
Level 2

It's not just gmail. I am unable to send to any email address but at the moment am able to receive emails.  Seems to be a regular occurance these days and makes me think it's time to change to somewhere else as tedious as that is.

alanguide
Level 7

All appears to be fixed now. Thanks Mods if it was after you passed it on to tech.

Ahra_G

Hi all, 

There appears to be an issue posted in the TMC website for those who's migrated to TMC: https://support.themessaging.co/hc/en-au/requests/new?ticket_form_id=8461693334799

-Ahra_G

alanguide
Level 7

No, that wasn't it. I am not yet migrated. But as I said, came good later in the day.

HOWEVER: ALL outward emails failing this morning (as on my new thread)