TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN 50 plan just getting 11/1

SOLVED Go to solution
arminglf
Level 3

Hi,

I just to moved to this house and was connected yesterday, however I'm only getting 11Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload even though I'm paying for the NBN 50 plan.

I previously had the same plan in the previous house with HFC technology getting 47Mbps download, so considering that FTTC should be better it doesn't make sense the speed I'm getting (copper line distance is minimal to the curb so it shouldn't degrade the speed)

I called last night and TPG tested my network, line, equipment, etc and he said everything was fine so it would be something at TPG's end that needs to be rectified.

Could it be that I was incorrectly allocated the NBN 12 plan instead of the NBN 50?

Thanks, regards.

UPDATE: It has been dropping out as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

You are welcome, @arminglf.

If the slow speed is still evident later tonight. Please try to test with both Wired and WiFi connection if there's any difference. This will help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Hi @arminglf,

We apologise for the inconvenience. We have had a look at your account and learned that the NBN plan that you've signed up for when the relocation was processed was our basic NBN12 speed tier, which is why you are getting around 11 Mbps Download and 1 Mbps upload.

The payment for the account is still in progress, and may take 3 to 5 working days using a direct debit. Once it's done, we can change the plan to NBN50 speed tier for free of charge.

We will monitor the account and will be in touch once the payment is posted.

Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted by Thursday or Friday.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

arminglf
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV

I don't understand, why am I being signed up for the NBN 12 plan? was it an error from the person processing my relocation? I wouldn't be surprised because it wasn't the only problem with this relocation (equipment sent to the wrong address, relocation not processed the day requested, etc).

I never even mentioned this plan (NBN 12) when I requested the relocation, if you check the recordings I only asked to keep the same plan (NBN 50), now I understand that this could be a mistake from the TPG person who processed my relocation but why do I need to wait 3-5 working days for this to be rectified and be given the right plan requested? isn't just as simple as giving me the extra bandwitdh?

Please I would appreciate if this can be solved ASAP, this was not an error on my end, this was a TPG mistake so I would appreciate to be actioned quicker than having to wait 5 more days just to be given the right plan as it was requested from day one.

I've sent you a message with my contacts details.

Thanks for your promt help.

arminglf
Level 3

@BasilDV

Furthermore, what do you mean that I'm going to be changed to the NBN50 plan for free? I'm already paying for that plan!

See attached invoice generated today charging for the monthly fee of the NBN 50 plan. Please update my bandwidth accordingly there is no need to wait for anything, I'm paying for this plan already, please don't be misleading and action this ASAP.

Regards.

arminglf
Level 3

@BasilDV

And one more thing, see attached the email I have received today where it shows the right plan (NBN50) which is what I can also see in my account so, what account did you have a look at that you see the NBN12 plan? I can only see the NBN50 in my account and all the emails received from TPG so I don't think I have being signed up for the wrong plan, it would be just a matter of giving me the right bandwidth.

Hopefully this can be sorted tomorrow morning (Monday 12/11), otherwise please let me know what the real issue is.

Regards.

BasilDV

Hi @arminglf,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

The NBN Extra Bundle Standard plan which is indicated in the email is under the speed of NBN12/1 which comes with Unlimited Local, Standard National, 13/1300 calls and 100 international minutes for $69.99/Month.

We've already raised this with our Management and will be updating you within the day with the progress of the case.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @arminglf,

Your NBN bundle plan change has been lodged and is now in progress. An email notification has been sent and we are now waiting for it to be completed within 24 hours.

We will let you know once an update is available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

arminglf
Level 3

Thanks @BasilDV

BasilDV

You are welcome, @arminglf.

I've seen that the NBN plan was already upgraded to the correct one which is NBN50 speed tier.

Is it reflecting with the correct speed now on your end?

If everything is resolved, please mark the post as "Accepted Solution"

Kind regards,

BasilDV

arminglf
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV

Yes, I now have the NBN50 plan, thanks.

I did some speed tests last night and it was fluctuating a lot averaging something like 32 Mbps, however I tried streaming and there was a lot of buffering, so I think even though the speed wasn't slow the connection wasn't very stable.

I tried again this morning and the speed tests showed a very steady 47Mbps which is great, tried streaming and it was working perfectly so hopefully it has normalised now and it stays that way.

I'll test it again this evening.

Thanks.