TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC nbn connection light flashing blue and clicking

SOLVED Go to solution
Ann_looi
Level 2
Experienced a short power outage yesterday. The nbn connection light has been flashing and unstable since. I've reset both the modem and the nbn connection device, as well as turning the power off and reboot. Wan light is on on the modem, the internet light is off.

No nbn outage in the area. Attached a screen shot testing the connection via the tpg app. Any advice? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aubrey

Welcome to TPG Community @Ann_looi!

The working lights condition on nbn device should be steady blue. If they continue to flash and has a clicking sound, this could indicate a network fault.

We'd like to take a closer at your connection and run some line tests. Could you send us a private message with your customer ID or username?

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aubrey

Welcome to TPG Community @Ann_looi!

The working lights condition on nbn device should be steady blue. If they continue to flash and has a clicking sound, this could indicate a network fault.

We'd like to take a closer at your connection and run some line tests. Could you send us a private message with your customer ID or username?

Thanks! 

Lawthority
Level 2
Hi there,
Jumping onto this thread as I'm also experiencing the same thing. On FTTC, blue lights are flashing, I hear clicking and there are no known nbn outages.

The clicking is infrequent where I can't simply sit beside the modem to hear it go off.

In the attachment, I just so happened to screenshot when the modem was detected but outside the screemshot that was also showing a X.
Mario120
Level 2

I asked him about whether I should change the username from tpg_acs@tpg_acs to myusername (I had not seen your Reply at that time). He advised that it should be changed so I connected the Router to my PC and now it is done. www.myaarpmedicare.com Login

Ahra_G

Hi @Lawthority

Your line appears to be working as seen on the screenshot. Is this a newly installed service? If so, you may refer to this article on how to setup your NBN FTTC connection: Setup Help - NBN FTTC. 

Otherwise, send in your Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist further. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G