TPG Community

Get online support

FTTN NBN modem keeps disconnecting

SOLVED Go to solution
UBQT
Level 2

Hi TPG Support,

I've been having issues with my NBN connection since day one - firstly my dynamic IP keeps changing sometimes few times in an hour and at times once in few hours (i understand it is dynamic) but the frequency is very random. Is this normal?

Secondly and most annoyingly, over the past week, my Internet light on the TPLINK VR1600v modem keeps going out (DSL light is still lit). It would work sometimes after a power cycle and most of the times it doesn't.

This has been happening every few minutes now...and last night the Internet light was off for the whole night until I restarted the modem this morning and it worked for 2-3 mins and its off again.

Are you able to assist with this please as this is getting really frustrating.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @UBQT,

Based on the escalated ticket. There is a network drop out reported on the line and our Engineering Team made adjustments to the line to eliminate the issue.

We will keep an eye on your connection. In case you will experience another connection drop do not hesitate to let us know.

Should you require further assistance.

Regards,

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Shane

Hi @UBQT,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see what causes the disconnection on your NBN service.

I'd like to know on which device(s) you experience this issue.

Also, kindly PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or contact number associated with the account).

I will have this checked.

Cheers!

UBQT
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Thanks for getting back quickly on this.

I'm using the TPG supplied modem in bridged mode with all my Routing and Switching done by an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter POE5 and Unifi UAC-AC-LR for WIFI.

The issue is across wireless and wired clients as the TPLINK's Internet light turns off and it kills the internet. I've got Samsung, LG and Apple phones, HP desktop and laptop.

Will PM you my account details as soon as I learn how to PM, haha

Talk to you soon.

Shane

Hi @UBQT,

Thanks for the details. I will run initial tests on your connection to see the status of your service.

I will get back to you as soon as I got the results.

Cheers! Smiley Wink

Shane

Hi @UBQT,

Initial test result shows a minimal drop-outs on your connection. I'd like to know your best contact time today and I will have one of our Technicians call you for further test and investigation.

Cheers!

UBQT
Level 2

I'm at work now but anytime during the day should be good to call and discuss then I can action once I get home or remotely login and test if possible.

If they need to attend, then tomorrow between 11.45am to 12.30 Perth time or anytime after 3.30pm.

Also, is the dynamic IP change so often as i mentioned in my original post?

Thank you.

Shane

"Hi TPG Support,

I've been having issues with my NBN connection since day one - firstly my dynamic IP keeps changing sometimes few times in an hour and at times once in few hours (i understand it is dynamic) but the frequency is very random. Is this normal?"

Hi @UBQT,

Yes, that should be normal. The drop-outs is nothing to do with the changes of Dynamic IP. It could be something to do with the connection itself which needs further investigation to identify it's cause.

I'd like to confirm if you will be at home after 3:30PM today.
Cheers!

UBQT
Level 2

Not today, i've already got a few appointments after work. Tomorrow after 3.30 should be perfect.

Thank you.

Shane

Hi @UBQT,

I can see that you have been in touch with one of our Technicians. Please let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

UBQT
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I was in touch with a TPG tech, we tested increasing the "line stability" for a few days and that seemed to have reduced the dropouts (but it did dropout a few times even with that fix). And ever since they reverted back the change to how it was earlier, I've had constant dropouts, at times for hours until I manually restarted the router. This has gotten worse and can I get you to investigate further.

Also, I did notice this morning that some sort of telco works have happened over the last week or so with fresh spray marking on the roads and dirt all over the footpath and road surface. Would this have led to the constant dropouts I've been experiencing over the past few weeks?

Thank you for your assistance once again.

Rustom.