TPG Community

Get online support

FTTN constantly dropping out.

ashpitman
Level 2

I’ve had this problem checked a couple of times, and the last technician told me that it was the fault of having another old phone connection in the house. The NBN signal was switching between phone connections.

The advice was to get someone in to run a new cable to the connection by my modem.

I still haven’t done this, because I want a verification from TPG that this will, in fact, solve my problem. At the moment, if the signal is switching back and forth, it doesn’t give me my fair share.

Is this the honest answer to my problem, or not?

Does anyone else have this problem occurring?

13 REPLIES 13
Shane

Hi @ashpitman,

Welcome to the community!

I used your community account details to pull up your account and I got a match.

I can see that this issue has been raised to our Engineering Team few months ago.

I will raise this to our Engineering Team for follow up and investigation,

I'll get back to you as soon as I got a feedback from them.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @ashpitman,

We raised this to our Engineering Team and they would like to know if you will be able to remove the obstruction of the study room socket and  we may ask a revisit (TPG technician) so we can check if the lead-in is terminated here. If it is then our tech can isolate.

We'll wait for your response.

Regards,

Erika

Hi @ashpitman

We'd like to make a follow up regarding the concern that you've raised to us previously. 

Please let us know how you wish to proceed. 

Cheers, 

ashpitman
Level 2

I’ve moved the bookcase so the phone point is clear. I did that 10 days ago, when you said my issue had been sent to the engineers, who would call me.

So far no contact, and the room is not useable until I have the OK to move the bookcase back and restock the books.

I await your engineers contact. I’m overseas for 3 weeks from the 20th, so it would be nice to have a resolution before that.

cheers

Ash

Shane

Hi @ashpitman,

Thanks for the information. I pass this on to our Engineering Team and get back to you as soon as I got the available schedule for the technician visit.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @ashpitman,

I can see that you have been in touch with one of our Engineers and provided the fault's update.

We'll keep an eye on this. Rest assured feedback will be provided where is possible.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

ashpitman
Level 2

I should get a visit by a TPG technician tomorrow (Saturday) morning. Until then, there has been no change in the continual drop out of service on FTTN.

Today, my phone service has been dropping out whilst I’m on calls. A friend who tried redialing got a recorded message saying that calls to my number were not able to be connected as the lines were congested.

Am I right in thinking that my drop outs are simply because the copper from the node can’t handle the traffic, no matter what fiddling around is done?

cheers

Ash

BasilDV

Good day @ashpitman,

Thank you for the information. I'll forward it to our Engineering team to look into it further.

Regards,

ashpitman
Level 2

Ok. The TPG technician came on Monday and spent considerable time testing the modem and internal-external circuits as much as possible. He identified a possible open circuit on the external copper line.

NBN technician came on Thursday and confirmed this, found and repaired the problem.

Since then, everything OK.

Why has it taken so long to get a couple of guys with the ability to actually do the job they are being paid to do?

Thanks anyway, and you can forward my compensation at any time.