Facebook link?

ChrisM1
Level 2

I already have a problem top be solved with outgoing mail blocked see previous Q please.   Now a new situation. I can log on to "my online TPG account"  but when I choose "check online mail" and dialogue box requests same info again, user name and p/w a  box opens on bottom left hand of screen "sending request to www. facebook.com.."  Should this be happening?  And mail will not open.

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @ChrisM1

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried to access the Post Office directly? Are you able to provide the error message that you received?

What browser were you using to access the TPG My account?

BasilDV

ChrisM1
Level 2

Thanks for reply. I have sent a message via gmail account to the post office and waiting for a reply. and sent the error message.  I am using firefox. Hope they answer non TPG mail at the post office? Thsi facebook request is weird right?

ChrisM1
Level 2

Hi Basil here is all the info

The sender address XXXXX@tpg.com.au was rejected by the server mail.tpg.com.au.

The server response was: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User XXXXX@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

Sending from:   Add to that the post above about the attempted connection to facebook that jksu keeps spinning in the lottom left of screen.

I have tried changingn passwords everywhere I can, I see the pw to my online check mail is not changed but cannot get into it to update it. Under EMAIL MANAGEMENT i can open all except check post office mail and thisis one trying to connect to facebook.

BasilDV

Hi @ChrisM1

We've edited your post as it contains your account email information.

The issue that it directed you to a Facebook page won't reflect on our end as we tested it.

Try to clear the browsing history and run a quick anti virus scan to make sure that your device is protected.

In regards to the SMTP Banned issue, we'll raise this with our Post Masters and provide you updates as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

ChrisM1
Level 2

THANKS!  Clearing the  history browser fixed the FB link and either that cleared all the problems or the postmaster fixed it.  Got my email back after 5 days down.

BasilDV

Hi @ChrisM1

The banned has been lifted and the service should work normally now.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

Justaguy
Level 2

This also happens to me - not sure why. Clearing cache / browser history does not change it. I also use firefox. Antivirus also finds nothing (and is current).

Any tips?

Shane

Hi @Justaguy,

This thread was fixed after clearing the browser history. If it did not fix the issue, try to use a different browser and see how it will go.

Regards,

This also happens to me - not sure why. Clearing cache / browser history does not change it. I also use firefox. Antivirus also finds nothing (and is current).

Any tips?