TPG Community

Get online support

Failure of internet connection

cmitch2
Level 2
Hi Guys, we have been having internet connection problems for approximately a week, I have tried unsuccessfully to contact you by phone numerous times. The internet connection tester on the app is saying we are connected however when we do the Speedtest a messages says “ sorry we cannot get a connection” . We are in Camberwell Victoria, there was a maintenance outage in Glenn Iris area (adjacent us) yesterday then a major fault was indicated, service has not resumed since this was “fixed”. Can you let us know what is going on please,
Regards
Mitch
3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @cmitch2 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @cmitch2 

I have checked your NBN-HFC 50/20 service and have created a fault ticket for our engineers to investigate and someone will call you back ASAP within 48hrs.

I have PMed you your fault reference number.

Thanks,

ashmorgan101
Level 2
Hi Mike. We are having same problem. Contacted TPG earlier in the day then was put on hold them phone message said they were to busy to take calls and call back later then automatically hung up on me. Checked the TPG app for connection and it just hung for 60 mins while "checking connection" then crashed also. Rang them again today and by singe blind luck the internet can back momentarily and was told "there is no problem sir". Finally managed to run successful speed test and clicked 0.1 to 0.2 MB download and 4MB up. Have tried 4 to 5 times since and consistently running 56K dial up modem speeds now. Better get a clear explanation from TPG. Luckily am only on a monthly account with them. Ash