TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent Dropouts on NBN HFC

andrewbell3000
Level 2

Hi there,

I've got two issues at the moment.

I've been experiencing fairly frequent dropouts on my NBN connection. The only way to resolve these issues was to power cycle the TPG supplied Huawei router, which I wouldn't mind but some days it will happen every 20 minutes or so - which is really frustrating.

My other issue (since last night) is that my Arris CM820 won't connect to the NBN at all. I've power cycled it a few times and it's stuck with a flashing orange DS light. I don't have any other co-ax cables spare to test the cable between the CM820 and the wall, unfortunately, but it's not kinked or bent.

Would appreciate any thoughts!

11 REPLIES 11
evilfred
Level 2

your not alone i play wow im the main tank in the guild 

i have lost my job due to disconnection problems untill its fixed i wont be used 

TPG support is a joke i got told we checked your connection all is ok 

i call bull ** .

what is sad my internet was stable on adsl2

this nbn is a joke . i know 3 people with tpg and all are not happy 

1 is going to report to the onbudman the other is close to doing the same .

sadly im am contracted to this joke for 2 years

Shane

Hi @andrewbell3000,

Welcome to the community!

We'd love to help check your connection. Kindly, PM me your account details (username/customer ID or contact number associated with the account)

Regards,

gpohle_57
Level 2

My frustrations are your frustrations because I too play WOWS and have been playing for about 3mths but the last 4-5wks have been a living hell. When I first found the game I was as happy as a pig in a wallow, but TPG announced that they were doing some adjustments to my area and in doing so, have really destroyed any connectivity that I had with the Asian servers. It went from a solid connection to what it is now, which is I can hardly login to the server at all. I've realised that I can be connected to the game server at approx. 6.00am to 8.00am and if I'm lucky, I may be able to connect up around 1.30am to 3.00am. I've flushed my dns cacshe and I've literally reinvented my network/adapters and ipconfiguration but without any success. When I do connect up the pings are anywhere from 100ms - 4000ms with the entire screen shuddering and shaking and then the ping crashes to -35ms before the connection drops out. My fellow users,TPG is supposed to be the ducks nuts when it comes to internet connections, holly crap did we get shafted or what!!

BasilDV

Hi @andrewbell3000,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I was able to pull up your account using your email address and detected that your modem has been connected for more than 24 hours now. Do you still receive a flashing light on your ARRIS Box?

Regards,

BasilDV

Hi @evilfred and @gpohle_57,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I was not able to pull up an account using your details. We'd like to look into it to understand the situation. Please shoot us a private message of your TPG username or CID number.

We really want to help turn your experience around!

Regards,

evilfred
Level 2

I have tryed to be nice but im a bit angry since i have been removed from 

my game group due to dc problems . but why should i worry NBN is so good .I get DC alot and i got a email telling me its ok we checked your line with no issue WTF. TPG was a company i would highly recomend but now ? adsl2 no problems and game ran smooth no DC. I could also watch a online movie  thats no longer a thing i can do. some nights all is ok but then there are days of DC every 15 min or so the nbn modem runs so hot i have a fan running on it. When i god forbid play a online game as soon as the action gets full on i get DC again .  aguy at work told me that alot of the issue is substandard TECHS who have no idea as to WTF they are doing. and are employed to rush this stupid internet. What i dont understand is ADSL2 was running a hair sized wire with stable speed My NBN is running on a foxtell from the street with a 1mm or thicker wire unstable . Im no tech but as a mechanic i do know thicker wire an handle more go fMy friend at work had no phone and no internet for days hid modem ran hot aswell the tech that was sent out has fixed the issue after 3months of complaining . why dose it take so long just to fix this rubbish internet . wish i could reroll back i was faster then slovania

Hardy
Level 2

Having the same problem. Recently I upgraded our package to nbn100 from previously having nbn12. I can start streaming on Twitch but as soon as someone in the house gets on thier devies we lose all connection and have to manually reset the modem. We have TPG nbn since 2014 and we didn't have this problem with our old speeds. Only thing that has changed is me streaming.  

BasilDV

HI @evilfred,

I was not able to receive a private message with your TPG username or CID number for me to assess the case.

Are you still experiencing issues or is it fixed?

Please send us a private message of your details for us to pull up your account and help you with your concern.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @Hardy,

I have replied at your own post.

Regards,