TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent disconnections on NBN FTTC

demuire
Level 2

Well, it rained again today, and as predicted the internet connection dropped out, and this time it didn't come back.  I took all the screenshots that was asked of me in the email.  I called up the helpline and they rectified the issue by resetting the modem via software.  They wouldn't assist any further though and could not tell me why my connection drops out every time it rains.  They just said "call back the next time it drops out".  This is unacceptable.  This issue has been going on for more than a year, and I've called so many times already.  I asked them if they could send someone out to check the physical connections, and they said I have to call NBNco directly.  I told them I've tried this before and was told to contact TPG.  They said TPG can't send someone out unless the connection doesn't work, and at the moment it's working so there is no problem.  In any case, I just called NBNco again, and again I've been told I need to work with TPG to fix this, but it's pretty sad that TPG won't help.  I almost feel like I need to go to cancel my TPG account and go to another company just so they can send someone to fix this problem properly.

BasilDV

Hi @demuire

We've checked the service and tested the line, but did not detect any fault within the NBN network.

We can't request for an NBN technician if we can't detect any fault as this will be used as evidence for them to investigate the line.

We understand that the service is restored and stable after you've contacted our Tech team.

Stay safe and have a good day.

BasilDV

demuire
Level 2

So in your opinion is it normal for the line to get disconnected every time it rains?  This is not the first time I've reported this, am I supposed to just call you every time it rains?

demuire
Level 2

So it rained again, and as usual my internet connection got disconnected again.  I've called through again, waiting for a call back again.  

Shane

Hi @demuire,

We've seen that you have been in contact with our Technical Team and confirmed that the service is now working. They will monitor the service in the event that you experience the same issue do not hesitate to notify us.

Regards,