TPG Community

Get online support

High Latency from Perth to SEA server - COD and Dota 2

Tyfoon
Level 2

Hey there everyone,

I found out that it's not just games, it's the same as other apps conecting to servers based in that region (South East Asia), such as discord and other communication app based there. The situation had been like this for a few weeks already. Is anyone still having this issue?

juliangall
Level 2

Yes... this is a TPG issue
Optus / Aussie Broadband / Telstra / Belong have consistent connections to SEA servers (for apex legends specifically). 

This is not a localized issue with the game servers or personal configuration, using apps like Exitlag  and WTfast help get the best route but obviously they have a monthly fee. 

I have attached the photo which shows Singapore 1 at 300+ ping. This used to be 80-90 ping

bloods
Level 3

@juliangall wrote:

Yes... this is a TPG issue
Optus / Aussie Broadband / Telstra / Belong have consistent connections to SEA servers (for apex legends specifically). 

This is not a localized issue with the game servers or personal configuration, using apps like Exitlag  and WTfast help get the best route but obviously they have a monthly fee. 

I have attached the photo which shows Singapore 1 at 300+ ping. This used to be 80-90 ping

Hi, Can you please confirm this is TPG issues? Coz i had enough, and iam looking to transfer to ABB. Not sure if ABB having the same issue..can you please confirm too?

juliangall
Level 2

ABB is not having the issue

bloods
Level 3

Yes, i have just moved to ABB. No issues with ping, latency, etc..

DK20191111
Level 3

hi mate which plan are you using, 

i am considering it too,

can't live without gaming lol

bloods
Level 3

@DK20191111 wrote:

hi mate which plan are you using, 

i am considering it too,

can't live without gaming lol

Hey budyy, iam on 50/20 on ABB..

Level 2

I have been facing the same issue. The Support team in TPG says its because of distance between Australia and SEA server is very far. Traffic congestion in these servers. Nothing has been solved. 

hooch
Level 3

TPG engineers told me they're aware of this problem, there's an ongoing job ticket for it and this should be rectified next month. I'll wait till the end of next month and if it's not I'm gone.

hooch
Level 3

Looks like its fixed.Looks like its fixed.