TPG Community

Get online support

High Ping After 7:30PM

jackmorris1804
Level 4

Hi,

Once again, I am receiving high ping after roughly 7:30PM. Usually my ping measurements are around 12ms, however, after this time, they reach 50-100ms making all online gaming a terrible experience. This is only one of the numerous issues I have had with TPG, so feel free to look through my previous messages on this forum. 

Because I know this will be blamed on high traffic like usual, I still experience high ping when I am the only device using the internet. I am also using a wired connection, so you can rule that out when coming to a conclusion.

If someone can look into this that would be great as all my problems seem to fix themselves when I bring them up. This is a TPG problem, not mine, so feel free to get it sorted...

16 REPLIES 16
BasilDV

Hi @jackmorris1804,

Based on our remote test, there's no fault within the NBN network.

We've reset your connection remotely to have a fresh start to observe the connection.

Monitor your connection tonight if the issue will recur.

Send me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted once the issue persists and will have one of our Tech team to contact you for further testing.

Regards,

BasilDV

jackmorris1804
Level 4

Hi, 

It is yet again doing it tonight. I have had this issue in the past and I am always told that there is nothing that you can do. The only possible thing it can be network congestion on TPG's end as I am have tried different routers, wired and wireless, with nobody else connected to the internet. 

Jack

Will

Hi @jackmorris1804

For us to have a better idea on what's causing the high ping, can you provide us screenshots of the following tests:

• Ping
  • Traceroute
  • Speedtest

Please ensure that all devices are disconnected except one which is connected via ethernet when you perform the tests.

Regards,

jackmorris1804
Level 4

Hi, here you go.

The problem is only present between around 7-10PM, meaning that your network is congested.

Will

Hi @jackmorris1804

Thanks for providing those screenshots.

I have escalated this issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Updates pertaining to this case will be provided to you directly via SMS or phone call by one of our Engineers within 24-48 hours. If you have other concerns, feel free to leave a comment.

jackmorris1804
Level 4

Hi, 

Can I get another call back from the Engineering team today please?

Jack

BasilDV

Hi Jack,

The ticket that was raised before was already closed as you've confirmed that the service is working much better.

Are you experiencing another issue? May we know what are the troubleshooting that you've done so far?

Regards,

BasilDV

jackmorris1804
Level 4

I never confirmed that it was working at 100%, I still have the exact same issue with the high ping. Please get the engineers to give me a call back today as it is unusable of a night time whilst playing games

Riezl

Is the issue still happening after 7:30PM, @jackmorris1804?